PDA

View Full Version : duplicated information in Relative chart

boorowaboy
31 July 2005, 08:50 AM
When I produce a relative chart I often have a persons information box repeated. The second box also has slightly different versions of the information, by this I mean more of the listed items not different information. How do I eliminate the second box and where might it be generated from?

As far as I can tell I only have one reference or card for each person. This comes from checking the index.
Any suggestions welcome.

Deb
03 August 2005, 01:50 PM
When I produce a relative chart I often have a persons information box repeated. The second box also has slightly different versions of the information, by this I mean more of the listed items not different information. How do I eliminate the second box and where might it be generated from?

As far as I can tell I only have one reference or card for each person. This comes from checking the index.
Any suggestions welcome.Hello,

By any chance, do you see two asterisk (**) in any of the chart boxes where a person's information has been repeated?

If so, this is Reunion's way of letting you know that this is the beginning of some duplication in that branch of the family. (Duplication can be caused when two cousins marry or, perhaps, when your mother's aunt marries your father's uncle.) The Relative Chart is automatically set to remove duplicates. The chart will show the generation in which the duplication begins, but none past that.

Additional information about chart box duplication can be found by searching your manual for "chart duplicate." Then click on the "Descendant Chart - Duplicate Branches" for a more complete explanation of the cause of duplication and how Reunion handles it.

Furthermore, I suspect the reason why one box has more information in it than the other box has to do with the Person Fields and Spouse Fields settings selected when the layout of the Relative Chart was being set up. (Perhaps you had selected to show Birth, Death, Occupation, Education and Religion for Person Fields. However, only Birth and Death was selected for Spouse Fields.)

For example, if cousin A marries cousin B, the one box (directly linked to cousin A's immediate family) would show cousin A on top with Birth, Death, Occupation, Education and Religion information, and cousin B below as a spouse with Birth and Death information. But, the other box (directly linked to cousin B's immediate family) would show cousin B on top with Birth, Death, Occupation, Education and Religion information and cousin A below as a spouse with Birth and Death information.

(For information on how to define a layout for a Relative Chart, search your manual for "relative chart layout.")

Incidentally, if you are seeing in your chart what I am explaining, and you do want to delete the extra chart box, you may do so manually.

(Information on how to delete a chart box can be found by searching your manual for "delete box.")

Also, you may or may not be aware that a similar thread about chart box duplication can be found here...

http://www.reuniontalk.com/showthread.php?t=490

I hope this information is of some help to you:-)