PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions of a Large-Format Printer to Purchase

David G. Kanter
28 July 2005, 01:54 PM
. . .Also, what would be the best and most affordable large format printer to purchase so I can start a wall hanging of the pedigree charts?
. . .I have not found a more cost-effective solution to large-format printing than using the folks at Heartland Family Graphics (http://www.familygraphics.com/). They have always provided great service and great product to me.

I hope that others with more direct experience with doing their own large-format printing will give you a direct answer (i.e. which printer is recommended), but my research convinced me I could not do a better job myself than the folks at Heartland.I wholeheartedly endore the recommendation of Heartland Family Graphics, but have started this new thread in this forum for other readers to chime in with their recommendations to Diana regarding which large-format printer has served them well.

Ron Gephart
29 July 2005, 11:03 AM
I wholeheartedly endore the recommendation of Heartland Family GraphicsI purchased a Epson Stylus PHOTO 2200, it is quite a printer. It does large format printing, the works. Problem I'm having is learning how to use it. It is not all intuitive. I'm finally getting great prints after struggling up the learning curve. Just a caution about learning how to use a printer with lots of "Bells".

On of the features I purchased this printer for was roll paper feeder. I only learned after I purchased it that they were talking about photo paper, at least that is all I can find to purchase. I'm looking for a source for regular paper to print out my family charts on, but can't find a source. If anyone can help, I would appreciate a helping hand. Thanks

vineviz
29 July 2005, 02:37 PM
I'm looking for a source for regular paper to print out my family charts on, but can't find a source. If anyone can help, I would appreciate a helping hand. ThanksI've never shopped with them, but here is one source:

http://www.graytex.com/roll-paper.htm

Ron Gephart
31 July 2005, 11:30 PM
I've never shopped with them, but here is one source:

http://www.graytex.com/roll-paper.htmThank you so much, I looked at the site and it appears that it has what I need.

Bob Partridge
10 September 2005, 10:40 PM
I purchased a Epson Stylus PHOTO 2200, it is quite a printer. It does large format printing, the works. Problem I'm having is learning how to use it. It is not all intuitive. I'm finally getting great prints after struggling up the learning curve. Just a caution about learning how to use a printer with lots of "Bells".

On of the features I purchased this printer for was roll paper feeder. I only learned after I purchased it that they were talking about photo paper, at least that is all I can find to purchase. I'm looking for a source for regular paper to print out my family charts on, but can't find a source. If anyone can help, I would appreciate a helping hand. ThanksHi-

I also have an Epson 2200 and I love it! Be sure to use only Epson photo paper when printing photos! I learned the hard way. Other fine name brands produced streaks as the ink didn't dry fast enough. My old Epson Stylus Color 900 is the workhorse and has been running for years without a problem. Had the 2200 for 3 years and no problems once I used Epson paper for photos.

Good luck.

Bob

Looking for Partridge, Riffle, Reiter, Yeager, Welch, Veasey, Reynolds.

effie baker
13 September 2005, 01:41 AM
I purchased a Epson Stylus PHOTO 2200We have learned the hard way that we get much better results if, in addition to using the same brand paper, we use Epson ink and not after-market. After-maraket SEEMS to have so much "junk" in it that we found we were cleaning the heads more often and getting poorer quality. Frequent cleaning the heads quickly eats up what we saved by buy the cheaper after-market inkk

We have Epson 900 - workhorse-- plus HP DesignJet 130 as a large format. Yep, not for novice BUT can be conquered. CompUSA is a good source of paper which is expensive. We sometimes go directly to HP website.

We love the large format! Feel free to e-mail us if we can help.

Effie Baker
greater Phoenix area