PDA

View Full Version : A "Who's On First" relationship

Cormac
27 March 2009, 01:27 AM
>"Princess" is the daughter of (PERSON A) who in the bio daughter of my brother as I'm sure my husband told you we raised her from the time she was 9 months old and she got pregnant in high school and felt she couldn't raise her on her own so we helped her for a couple years and then agreed to give up custody to us, so we are now raising "Princess"*who is X.

I just came across this situation. So far I assigned "Princess" as the daughter of Person A. I guess I have several questions, but my first one is how do I this other than what I have done?

Bob White
27 March 2009, 08:50 PM
You have us thoroughly confused. You need to break this down into simple sentences (as opposed to the long run-ons). Also, we have no idea what your husband told us as we have no idea who your husband is or how he told us this information. :)

Who did you and your husband raise? Is Princess the lady/girl who got pregnant? Or is Princess the result of another lady/girl's pregnancy? What or who is "X"? I have read this about ten times, with paper and pencil all but the first reading, and I get more confused with each reading. :)

Venita Roylance
28 March 2009, 12:17 PM
You have us thoroughly confused. You need to break this down into simple sentences (as opposed to the long run-ons). Also, we have no idea what your husband told us as we have no idea who your husband is or how he told us this information. :)

Who did you and your husband raise? Is Princess the lady/girl who got pregnant? Or is Princess the result of another lady/girl's pregnancy? What or who is "X"? I have read this about ten times, with paper and pencil all but the first reading, and I get more confused with each reading. :)

She would be the bio daughter of her bio mother, and the adopted daughter of the couple who raised her, the same as any other adoption.

Venita

Cormac
07 April 2009, 10:44 PM
She would be the bio daughter of her bio mother, and the adopted daughter of the couple who raised her, the same as any other adoption.

Venita

Thanks. I had a further discussion with the couple who raised the girl in question which cleared things up for me. They had "de facto" custody of Person A (who is an adult now). Person A wasn't adopted by the couple, but the birth father declined any legal response. She is still legally the daughter of the father (the brother of the wife of the couple). Another twist is that Person A had her name changed to the last name of the couple(her birth father's sister and brother-in-law) that raised her.

The couple has permanent custody of "Princess", but remains the legal daughter of Person A. Another interesting note is that Princess's last name on her birth certificate is the last name of the couple that have raised Person A and "Princess".

Just to be "clear", neither Person A or "Princess" have been adopted by the couple. The couple only has permanent custody of "Princess."