PDA

View Full Version : Reunion 8 Installation

Kim Johnson
27 July 2005, 07:24 AM
I find it amusing that I am a member of Reunion Talk, and I don't even have the software installed in my computer yet. THIS BEING THE PROBLEM. I currently use MacOs X and have just purchased Reunion 8 for my family input. When double clicking the installation button, it tells me that "I don't have access privileges to install this software, please log in as the administrator". Well since the only account in my system preferences, says that I am the administrator, why am I having this problem to start with?
Can anybody help? It would be much appreciated.

Derrick
27 July 2005, 11:50 AM
...When double clicking the installation button, it tells me that "I don't have access privileges to install this software, please log in as the administrator". Well since the only account in my system preferences, says that I am the administrator, why am I having this problem to start with?That happens even in my accounts that have administrative access; Tiger asks you to authenticate again for some reason even though you are already logged in. Just click the "authenticate" button, enter your password, and it should all work.

Derrick

Michael
27 July 2005, 04:52 PM
When double clicking the installation button, it tells me that "I don't have access privileges to install this software, please log in as the administrator". Well since the only account in my system preferences, says that I am the administrator, why am I having this problem to start with?There's apparently a problem with the ownership and permissions settings for your Applications folder. As a result, OS X doesn't think you are allowed to install new files in this folder. You'll want to run the Disk Utility (...Applications : Utilities : Disk Utility) to repair the settings on your computer. It may take a few minutes to complete. Afterwards, you should be able to install Reunion. :)

Bob White
07 August 2005, 03:49 AM
In OSX, repairing permissions should become a regular habit. If you haven't installed anything, do it at least once a month. Do it after installing any larger piece of software. Do it both before and after any OS update. It only takes a few minutes and makes both your Mac and you much happier.