PDA

View Full Version : What to do with old NEHGRs?

Amelia
15 February 2009, 08:53 PM
I'm moving soon and realize that it is just silly to keep about 20 issues of the New England Historical and Genealogical Society Register that have no information about my ancestors. I've apparently had this thought at various times and gotten ride of an issue here and there, so the set is not complete, but it ranges from 2002 to 2008. But I hate to trash them all, so I was wondering if anyone had any great ideas. I live in Phoenix, if anyone has any specific knowledge for here.

Thanks,
Amelia

sgtbob
16 February 2009, 08:27 AM
You might put a price on them and enter them into eBay - I'm always amazed at what is for sale on eBay. If you do post them to eBay, ensure you show shipping & handling so folks don't think S&H is a freebie.

Bob

Linda G
16 February 2009, 02:44 PM
Your library, local genealogical society and the like might appreciate donations.

Kim R
17 February 2009, 02:43 AM
Your library, local genealogical society and the like might appreciate donations.

That is what I would suggest.

Lauren Mallory
17 February 2009, 01:55 PM
I also think this is a very good idea, BUT if you really can't find a home for them, I would be happy to take (and pay something for them) any copies BEFORE the July 2007, whole number 643 issue. If necessary, you may contact me at zweeder at verizon dot net.

Researching: Cooper in SC, DuBard in SC, Scott in WI, Zimmerman(n) in WI, Mallory & Woodin in both CT & NY

Frank Mitchell
17 February 2009, 06:45 PM
I'm moving soon and realize that it is just silly to keep about 20 issues of the New England Historical and Genealogical Society Register that have no information about my ancestors. I've apparently had this thought at various times and gotten ride of an issue here and there, so the set is not complete, but it ranges from 2002 to 2008. But I hate to trash them all, so I was wondering if anyone had any great ideas. I live in Phoenix, if anyone has any specific knowledge for here.Amelia
There are several societies listed on the Arizona Genealogical and Historic Societies (AzGAB) web site which might be interested in your collection

http://www.azgab.org/societies.htm

Also the Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records

http://www.lib.az.us/

I am mildly interested (our daughter in law's family is from MA) but am also trying to cut down on some of my old stuff too. If one of the above societies takes them, I would be interested in which one so that I could look through them when I have time (I live in Scottsdale)