PDA

View Full Version : partially deleted source..

Joan Norstedt
22 July 2005, 08:36 PM
I goofed and deleted the Source and Source Citations, leaving behind on each and every family file the number of the deleted source. How do I get rid of it? I did this once before but cannot remember how to correct this mistake.

fjvanbodegom
23 July 2005, 05:55 AM
What you experience is strange, but think you pressed the wrong button.
When you delete a source (List -> Sources -> Source Tools -> Delete Source x) you get a message and you had to choose: 'Delete Source Record' or 'Delete Source Record and All Citations to Source Record'
- Choosing the first, keeps the number of the source on the Person and Family Cards.
- Choosing the second the source and ALSO the citation are removed.

I think that you choose for 'Delete Source Record' that will ONLY delete the source record, but NOT the citationnumber. Look at your Source list: you see that a number x is missing.
To correct your problem:
When you press the button 'Add Source' (in List -> Source -> SourceList) than you can choose one of the items, type something (does not matter what) and Save. Now you see that the number x is again present in the list.
Now choose (in Source Tools) Delete Source nr x and press the long button (Delete Source and All Citations)

Joan Norstedt
27 July 2005, 11:15 AM
Yes, of course (slapping self in forehead)!