PDA

View Full Version : Formatting Reports

krismkbjtk
08 March 2005, 12:05 AM
I am new to Mac and to Reunion. So far I like it! Is there a way to make the Family Group Record look better? I like the PAF formatting, with the LDS ordinance dates off to the right side, and I can list three children on the first page of the group sheet. Any suggestions?

Janice Roden
09 March 2005, 07:06 PM
I too would like better looking reports. I have used Reunion for YEARS AND YEARS and have always "wished" for reports that look like PAF reports. But alas, to no avail.

One BIG improvement in 8 is the ability to show the relationships in the reports like John (1.James, 2. Henry, 3 George). I really wish that was available before I published my book a couple of years ago.

Dinee
11 March 2005, 06:03 PM
.......One BIG improvement in 8 is the ability to show the relationships in the reports like John (1.James, 2. Henry, 3 George). I really wish that was available before I published my book a couple of years ago.

Please tell me how you get a report (I usually use Register Reports) to show the relationship like you noted above:

i.e. John (1.James, 2. Henry, 3 George

I still can't get a report to be produced that way. Oh, by the way I'm using Reunion 8.05.

BrannonSG
11 March 2005, 07:48 PM
I am new to Mac and to Reunion. So far I like it! Is there a way to make the Family Group Record look better? I like the PAF formatting, with the LDS ordinance dates off to the right side, and I can list three children on the first page of the group sheet. Any suggestions?

Well, I'm not familiar with the PAF formatting, but you can customize your Family Group Sheet reports by defining the Layout. I've added and subtracted fields to create a FGS that better meets my personal needs.

Go to Create->Family Group Sheet...->Layout->Define Layouts...

conniegene
11 March 2005, 09:43 PM
Newbie here! What is PAF formatting???

ender2k
12 March 2005, 07:08 PM
Newbie here! What is PAF formatting???

PAF stands for Personal Ancestral File--a family history application distributed by the LDS Church. The reports that is generates have a slightly different layout than those created by Reunion.

Click here to see an example of a PAF generated Family Group Sheet (http://homepage.mac.com/rallred/PAFreport.tif)

Click here to see an example of a Reunion generated Family Group Sheet (http://homepage.mac.com/rallred/Reunionreport.tif)

edit: corrected URL, added Reunion example.

Janice Roden
16 March 2005, 03:31 PM
Please tell me how you get a report (I usually use Register Reports) to show the relationship like you noted above:

i.e. John (1.James, 2. Henry, 3 George

I still can't get a report to be produced that way. Oh, by the way I'm using Reunion 8.05.

I'm using the same version, go th Register Report layout: Misc: and check "include parenthetical ancestry".

This is the best improvement they have made in years (in my opinion)

Dinee
02 May 2005, 09:33 PM
Thanks for that tidbit Janice.

I just went to: CREATE, Register Layouts, then under layout, went to Define Layout and finally found that Misc.option. (yea for me).

Deane
19 November 2005, 03:42 PM
I am new to Mac and to Reunion. So far I like it! Is there a way to make the Family Group Record look better? I like the PAF formatting, with the LDS ordinance dates off to the right side, and I can list three children on the first page of the group sheet. Any suggestions?Hi, Kris--I share your frustration! My wife and I have been using Reunion 8 for a year or so, but we're both frustrated about not being able to print out a Family Group Record or Pedigree Chart using the LDS Church format/forms. When we took a Reunion Family Group Record to a temple, we had to hand-copy the information onto the Church's form before they would accept it. If anyone out there knows how we can import the "official," Church-approved forms into Reunion, we'd like to know about it. Thanks!

Bill Williams
21 November 2005, 08:24 PM
Hi, Kris--I share your frustration! My wife and I have been using Reunion 8 for a year or so, but we're both frustrated about not being able to print out a Family Group Record or Pedigree Chart using the LDS Church format/forms. When we took a Reunion Family Group Record to a temple, we had to hand-copy the information onto the Church's form before they would accept it. If anyone out there knows how we can import the "official," Church-approved forms into Reunion, we'd like to know about it.It isn't exactly "importing", but... I'd use a page layout app (Ready,Set,Go!) by Diawan is my choice) to duplicate the form desired --- LDS format in this case. Then you should be able to copy/paste between Reunion and the form. Just a thought, to avoid hand-written stuff.

buffalo234
17 December 2005, 12:35 AM
One BIG improvement in 8 is the ability to show the relationships in the reports like John (1.James, 2. Henry, 3 George). I really wish that was available before I published my book a couple of years ago.

I heard that was supposed to happen in R8, but I tried these suggestions and finally found misc under define layouts, chose parenthetical ancestors, but it still did not do it. How did you get it to work?

Secondly, there used to be a board where we could put our 'Wish List" for future revisions. Can't find it now. I still want to lobby for more control on layout of our FHS. If there is more than one marriage, I'd like for the spouse to be noted (first wife, second wife etc) also, the sheets break so awkwardly in the middle of a "child" then on the next page it is really confusing the way it prints out.

Thanks for allowing me to sound off and ask my question here.

David G. Kanter
19 December 2005, 06:13 PM
I heard that [Parenthetical Direct Line Ancestors] was supposed to happen in R8, but I tried these suggestions and finally found misc under define layouts, chose parenthetical ancestors, but it still did not do it. How did you get it to work?Keeping in mind that including a parenthetical direct-line ancestory is only applicable to the Register Report and only appears for the direct descendants from the source Family Card in the report, it does work for me--once enabled in the Layout definition--as described in the Manual. (Search for "parenthetical".) Note: If the source Family Card has both a left-side person (usually the father), the parenthetical entry will be the direct line from that person. If there is no left-side person, the parenthetical entry will be from the right-side person.

Please provide us more information on just what, if anything, is appearing after descendant names in your Register Report and we may be able to identify what you should try to have the parenthetical information appear there. Also include which specific version of Reunion 8 you are using and which Operating System.

Secondly, there used to be a board where we could put our 'Wish List" for future revisions. Can't find it now.At the ReunionTalk home page, "Wish List" is the 5th in the list of forums.

buffalo234
10 February 2006, 08:26 PM
Please provide us more information on just what, if anything, is appearing after descendant names in your Register Report and we may be able to identify what you should try to have the parenthetical information appear there. Also include which specific version of Reunion 8 you are using and which Operating System.I am using Reunion 8.06 and OS 10.3.9. I have never used REGISTER REPORT, but want the parenthetical descent format to show on each FHS. Is there a way to get it to do that? I am working on a book and do not want to have to type that in at the beginning of each family. I created a register report to answer you, and nothing appears after descendant names:
2. Peter Sr. COZINE. Born on 3 Sep 1744 in Bushwick, Long Island, New York. Peter Sr. died in Conewago Colony, Adams Co, Pennsylvania, on 26 Oct 1779; he was 35. Buried in Upper Low Dutch Cemetery, Conewago, PA. Occupation: Farmer.
Carolyn Leonard

David G. Kanter
11 February 2006, 12:17 AM
I am using Reunion 8.06 and OS 10.3.9. I have never used REGISTER REPORT,I

Judy Landauer
04 March 2006, 11:25 PM
I need help. I have used Reunion 8.05 for a while now and love it! However, the FGS format that was in the usual form of solid lines with boxes suddenly became broken, dotted lines and a totally new look as it converts to an RTF format. How do I get it back the way it was?

fjvanbodegom
05 March 2006, 04:28 AM
Hope I understand your question correct.
The solid lines and boxes in the FGS are ONLY present in the (PS and FGS) Preview.
Go to Create -> FGS -> Destination and choose Print Preview.

Frank
05 March 2006, 12:19 PM
...the FGS format that was in the usual form of solid lines with boxes suddenly became broken, dotted lines and a totally new look as it converts to an RTF format...Just to clarify... the FGS has solid lines and boxes when it's destination is "Printer" or "Print Preview." When the destination is your word processor or "RTF File," the FGS is all "text" -- without solid lines and boxes.