PDA

View Full Version : RagTime software & Reunion to publish a genealogy book

FRED DYKHUIZEN
12 July 2005, 01:02 PM
Has anyone currently....or in recent past... used RagTime software along with Reunion 8 to produce a genealogy book? I am interested in getting some "pointers" before I start!

Thanks,

Fred Dykhuizen
fdyk@earthlink.net

Researching: Dykhuizen (Dijkhuizen)...Goris....Dobard (LA)...Schwartz (LA)...Roempke (TX)....Scholl (TX,ENG)

S. Kennedy
12 July 2005, 08:33 PM
Has anyone currently....or in recent past... used RagTime software along with Reunion 8 to produce a genealogy book? I am interested in getting some "pointers" before I start!Fred,

You don't say how well versed you are in the use of Ragtime and as I think the learning curve is rather steep this will impact your use for a book. I use Ragtime Solo to open and save all of the many long and complex Word for PC documents I receive from relatives and it does an excellent job of preserving the format of these documents, better than Open Office I think. Ragtime is quite powerful and I think fully capable of creating a book of just about any complexity. I have seen it used to help publish a school yearbook. You may need to be careful of the commercial restrictions on the free version. I don't know how it might integrate with Reunion.