PDA

View Full Version : Ages window

moughty
11 July 2005, 11:17 AM
I have been searching for a way to add a location to the events listed in the Ages window, and if it's there, I can't find it. I use timelines constantly but I have to move the report to Excel and then manually add the location. Does anyone have a better solution?

Thanks.

Donna

Steve W. Jackson
12 July 2005, 06:45 PM
I have been searching for a way to add a location to the events listed in the Ages window, and if it's there, I can't find it. I use timelines constantly but I have to move the report to Excel and then manually add the location. Does anyone have a better solution?The "Ages" window doesn't include any fields beyond those which you see in it.

I would wonder, though, if adding a location would really be meaningful. The window lists the age of a person as of the dates of certain specified events. So the locations of those events isn't really relevant to that context, it seems to me. Not that this is really relevant to your question...

= Steve =

moughty
13 July 2005, 03:24 PM
The "Ages" window doesn't include any fields beyond those which you see in it.

I would wonder, though, if adding a location would really be meaningful. The window lists the age of a person as of the dates of certain specified events. So the locations of those events isn't really relevant to that context, it seems to me. Not that this is really relevant to your question...Steve,

When creating a timeline for an individual locations are critically important. Where did a particular event occur, what are the migration patterns, what historical events might have had an effect on a migration pattern. By looking at this type of timeline you can review what records you might have missed (i.e., do you have tax records at the time the individual turned 21 years, where was he living to look for those records, etc). Where was he living at the time of each census or at the birth of his children.

This would be my top request for a new feature. The day of the week is not nearly as important to me as the location.

Regards...
Donna