PDA

View Full Version : Ocean voyages to England and Europe

Cormac
28 September 2008, 08:49 PM
Just recently, I found out that my grandmother and her sister made a trip to England and perhaps other places as well in 1925. I found the passenger manifest for their trip from England to the United States.

Is there a way to find a passenger manifest for the voyage over to England and Europe?

SGilbert
28 September 2008, 09:10 PM
Ancestry typically has ship manifest listings.

ByronSpoon
28 September 2008, 09:13 PM
Ancestry typically has ship manifest listings.Also passport applications, which may include the applicant's photograph.

Cormac
28 September 2008, 10:40 PM
Ancestry typically has ship manifest listings.

I know about manifest listings from over there (Europe), but are there the same for from there to the US?

Cormac
28 September 2008, 10:43 PM
Also passport applications, which may include the applicant's photograph.

Thanks for that suggestion. I would have almost never have come up with that idea.

SGilbert
28 September 2008, 11:34 PM
I know about manifest listings from over there (Europe), but are there the same for from there to the US?

Yes; both ways. Can't guarantee yours will be listed, but there are many.

raluke
30 September 2008, 05:18 PM
I found a passenger ship manifest from New York to Bremen from 1912 at FamilySearch.org. A great-great-Uncle of mine born in Germany and who became a naturalized citizen of the U.S. in the late 1800s visited back home in 1912. I've often wondered how he felt when the Great War started only a couple of years later. How different things would have been if Kaiser Wilhelm (an unanswerable argument against hereditary nobility and rule if there ever was one) hadn't so casually committed Germany to backing up Austria-Hungary in their quarrel with the Serbs.