PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on finding a person?

Justin J. Rebbert
09 September 2008, 09:41 PM
I'm interested in any tips on finding a person. Not just information on that person of use to a family tree project, but I mean actually locating the person.

You see, the person I'm looking for is my biological father, who left my mother before I was born, never to be seen nor heard from again. I'll be 33 this month.

The only information I have on him, from my mother, is his name, age, and the fact that he was once in the military and worked for the post office.

Since one purpose (of many) of genealogical research can be to find long-lost relatives, I hope this question isn't too far out of line for this forum.

jep111
10 September 2008, 02:15 PM
I'm interested in any tips on finding a person. Not just information on that person of use to a family tree project, but I mean actually locating the person.

You see, the person I'm looking for is my biological father, who left my mother before I was born, never to be seen nor heard from again. I'll be 33 this month.

The only information I have on him, from my mother, is his name, age, and the fact that he was once in the military and worked for the post office.

Since one purpose (of many) of genealogical research can be to find long-lost relatives, I hope this question isn't too far out of line for this forum.

I sometimes have a little luck with this. E-mail me with what data you have, and I'll give it a quick try...

jep111@earthlink.net

Cheers!

John

STEVE
10 September 2008, 06:51 PM

<http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/standard-form-180.html>

WilliamTaber
11 September 2008, 08:15 PM

I would first take a look at the online site
http://www.longlostpeople.com/
which I subscribe to. If you'd like me to take a look, you could email me the particulars:
willgen@mac.com

MarilynKay
13 September 2008, 07:41 PM
If you know his name and he was born before 1930, I'll be glad to check the 1930 US census on Ancestry.com for you. Send me the details if you think I can help:

mstulken@wi.net