PDA

View Full Version : Using Reunion 6 & SuperChart with Mac OX10

TerenceA
28 June 2005, 11:14 PM
I've been using Reunion for years but since I upgraded to Mac OS 10.4 I can't create a descendant chart using the Superchart program. When I create a descendant chart it opens up the information on the Text Edit program. There must be a simple way of solving this problem. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

ttl
28 June 2005, 11:38 PM
I'm guessing that you're creating and saving a chart, and when you open it the chart file again, it opens in Text Edit. If this is the case, here's the probable fix:

- Find your chart file in the Finder, click it to select it, then choose File-->Get Info from the Finder menu.

- In the Info window, go to the Open With section (click on the arrow if just the Open With heading is showing and nothing else), use the popup menu to browse to the SuperChart application, then click on the Change all button so all SuperChart files will work right.

- Close the Info window, and try opening the chart file. It should open correctly at this point if that was the problem.

Genieus
02 January 2006, 10:04 PM
Hi,

I've had the same problem since upgrading to Tiger. I found if you save the text file to your disk and then reopen the file within SuperChart that your desired tree appears and can be edited in the usual way.