PDA

View Full Version : Missing ID numbers

Susan Assmus
20 June 2005, 11:39 PM
Today I noticed that when I opened Reunion, the individual ID numbers and family ID numbers no longer appear on the person cards. (Except for my individual ID number which is 1, and my mother's number, which has been renumbered to 6A-32. I have never had numbers before with letters or dashes) The correct individual ID numbers are still present on the index. I use the ID numbers on the cards to organize my photos so it is convenient to have them appearing on the front of the card. I haven't found anything in the help manual or noticed anything in the prefereces that would explain why the id numbers would disappear. I tried repairing the file, but received the message that there were no problems with the file. I also have repaired permissions several times but have not been able to fix this. Does anyone have any ideas?

fjvanbodegom
21 June 2005, 01:31 PM
Just a suggestion.
Might be that you (accidently) changed the content of the View by checking the 'Show User ID' and that the content of the User ID is visible.
Toolbar -> View -> Define Views -> Uncheck 'Show User ID'.
Now the normal Person ID numbers must be visible (unless you also uncheck 'Include Little Status Bar')

genealogist.lily
21 June 2005, 05:58 PM
I use the ID numbers on the cards to organize my photos so it is convenient to have them appearing on the front of the card.

ID numbers are used exclusively by Reunion and cannot be changed or assigned by users. Should you delete a name - that "free" ID number is used by Reunion for the next new name you enter.

You might consider recording your own ID numbers by using the User ID field that appears in the Name section of the Edit Person window. These numbers will never change - unless you choose to do it.

Susan Assmus
21 June 2005, 10:16 PM
I did have user ID checked and unchecking it solved the problem. Thank you for your help. I have thought of assigning my own ID numbers to use, but using the Reunion numbers allows me to look them up quickly in either the index or by clicking in the bar and typing in the number I want. I don't think I can do that with ID numbers that I assign.