PDA

View Full Version : Adding Facts Categories?

AlanDrake
18 June 2005, 04:12 AM
Is there a way to add categories to the +Add Fact Pulldown menu? I'd like to have an option to allow me to add the category "Language."

OR. Where else does everyone else add their info for Census (or other source) info on an individual's "language spoken at home" or "language before immigrating," or "language spoken at home when not wanting the kids to know what we're saying," etc. ?

Thanks.

David G. Kanter
18 June 2005, 02:22 PM
Is there a way to add categories to the +Add Fact Pulldown menu? I'd like to have an option to allow me to add the category "Language.". . . .If by "category" you mean a new Fact field, you can do it "on the fly" from that pulldown menu in the "Edit Person" window's Facts tab by choosing the "Other. . ." at the bottom of the menu. That will take you to the Add Fact window where you can click the "Define Facts. . ." button. You are then in the "Define Person Fields" window's Facts tab. Click the "Add Fact" button and define whatever additional Fact(s) you want. (You can get to the same "Define Person Fields" window from Options->Define->Person Fields. . .".)

By default, when you add a new Fact, Reunion presumes you'll be using it so its "Active" box in the "Define Person Fields" will be checked

AlanDrake
20 June 2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks David.

While waiting, I worked my way to that point