PDA

View Full Version : Moving From the Demo to The Real Thing

AlanDrake
13 June 2005, 06:33 PM
Pardon this simple question, but I haven't found the answer elsewhere.

I've been using the Demo to its max and found this is exactly what I need. This is a great (beautiful) way to organize all of my family records.

I purchased the full application so I can work on it during this week's vacation. But now I am disappointed to see I have to wait for the CD to arrive before I can use it beyond the limited number. I thought it was like most other software, where I was buying a "key" to unlock all of the features.

Did I miss something? Is there a way to use it all now?

Sorry to sound desperate. Either way, am very pleased with how it works & looks.

Frank
13 June 2005, 08:21 PM
Hi Alan,
Glad you liked the Reunion demo version.
As you discovered, we don't yet use an "unlock" key system for turning the demo version into the real thing. There are many reasons for this (such as the size of the download, were it to include the full manual).
When the CD arrives, you'll have everything you need. Hopefully it'll be there very soon, and well worth the wait.

dhutch
04 July 2005, 12:55 PM
When he receives his CD and installs the full program, won't he be able to import the file he created witht the Demo, and not have to enter the data again?

theKiwi
04 July 2005, 01:28 PM
It's not really a matter of "importing" the data rather than re-entering it - simply open the file already created using the demo version and carry on entering data into that to supplement what is already there.

Roger