PDA

View Full Version : Spelling Check

Dan Devaney
06 June 2005, 11:51 PM
We like to use such things as "underlining" and "Bold" text in our misc. notes section. When we copy and paste into either Apple 6 or Word to run the spell checking feature we lose all of our special work when we transfer it back into Reunion. We are sure that there is an easy way to do this but we are missing it.

We use Mac OS 10.2.8 and reunion 8.6.

Aloha,

Marilyn and Dan Devaney in Hawaii

Steve W. Jackson
07 June 2005, 06:06 PM
We like to use such things as "underlining" and "Bold" text in our misc. notes section. When we copy and paste into either Apple 6 or Word to run the spell checking feature we lose all of our special work when we transfer it back into Reunion. We are sure that there is an easy way to do this but we are missing it.

We use Mac OS 10.2.8 and reunion 8.6.If you're transferring your spell-checked notes back into Reunion via the Import Notes command, the manual says that only plain text notes can be imported. If you're using copy/paste, then it's possible that you've encountered a bug in Reunion, AppleWorks 6 or Word. Styled text is much more complex than most users realize, and it's quite easy for the developers of Reunion to have made an error in how they retrieved the run of text and its style information from the clipboard. But there have been bugs in both of those word processing programs as well, so...

= Steve =

Dan Devaney
09 June 2005, 01:44 AM
Evening Steve,

Thanks for your thoughts. We were trying to use copy/paste but I guess it is out. There must be some way to do this. Reunion doesn't have a application to do this and tells us that we should use our regualar word processer. Bummer, I can't spell worth a darn :-(

Aloha,

Marilyn and Dan

Steve W. Jackson
09 June 2005, 07:03 PM
Evening Steve,

Thanks for your thoughts. We were trying to use copy/paste but I guess it is out. There must be some way to do this. Reunion doesn't have a application to do this and tells us that we should use our regualar word processer. Bummer, I can't spell worth a darn :-(That must make you American!! :)

There's a long standing adage that Americans are generally the worst spellers among literate countries. I've always found that a bit odd, since spelling to me always came fairly easily. But I must admit that a huge percentage of those I know and work with rely greatly on spelling checkers.

But I wouldn't give up just yet until Leister chimes in on the entire subject of whether there's a known problem with pasting styled text back into notes from external sources. I haven't seen anything in the manual that addresses this. So if it's not currently supported, perhaps it should be added to the wish list.

= Steve =