PDA

View Full Version : Superscripts

Ruth Glenister
19 May 2005, 05:00 PM
I have searched both my Reunion and Mac help sections trying to find how to type a superscript. The Register Report does this automatically but I would like to be able to add them in some circumstances. (I want to show a line of descent from a distant ancestor by using numbers as superscripts.)
Any suggestions?

Ruth

Deb
20 May 2005, 05:31 PM
I have searched both my Reunion and Mac help sections trying to find how to type a superscript. The Register Report does this automatically but I would like to be able to add them in some circumstances. (I want to show a line of descent from a distant ancestor by using numbers as superscripts.)
Any suggestions?

RuthHi Ruth,

One option would be to manually add the superscript number after the report has been opened in your word processor. For example, I generally use Appleworks to open my reports created with Reunion. I would simply type in the number, select it (or highlight it) and choose Text -> Style -> Superscript. Incidentally, the font and size can also be adjusted from the Text menu.

Another option may be to enter a User ID Number for those people in your family file who are in that line of descent. Then set up the Register Report to include that User ID Number. (For information on where to enter a user-defined ID number and how to include it in a report, search your Reunion manual for "user id number.") But, nonetheless, once it is in the report, select it from within your word processor and change it's style, as mentioned above.

I hope this information helps you to get the results you want:-)

Ruth Glenister
21 May 2005, 12:06 PM
Deb- Many thanks. I guess I overlooked the "Text-Style-Superscript" notation entirely. It works!