PDA

View Full Version : Ahnentafel reports from other programs

daviking
02 October 2007, 06:30 PM
I posted this on the wrong forum so I hope posting this here works better in getting an answer:
I received a report that gives the ancestors of Johannes and Liv. Each ancestor and their siblings with all their data was included.

I have looked at changing the Layout of an Ahnentafel report to try and get the same kind of thing but there doesn't seem to be anything that I can check off that makes a difference.
I want to have all of the children listed with ALL their data. The report that I received was in "prose" as per example. In Reunion I only get the names with birthdate-deathdate even though I have taken the information from the report (far) below and added it to Reunion!!

Reunion makes this kind of report for the children:
"They had the following children:
i. Ingeborg (1799-1802)
1 ii. Svennung (1802-1863)
iii. Ingeborg (<1804-)
iv. Kittel (1807-)
v. Anne (1812-)
vi. Halvor (1814-1893)"

Compare this to what was given to me below. I guess what is missing is the marriage information, birth place and death place. Don't know what program the person who sent this to me was using?!

Children to Johannes Halvorson and Liv Sveinungsdotter er:
i. Ingebj

Troy
03 October 2007, 08:41 AM
Hi---

You may want to try using Reunion's "Register" report and see if it provides the narrative you are looking for, or perhaps it may come closer to what you are looking for.

Good Luck.

Troy---

Terry Medlar
03 October 2007, 12:02 PM
Hi---

You may want to try using Reunion's "Register" report and see if it provides the narrative you are looking for, or perhaps it may come closer to what you are looking for.

Good Luck.

Troy---
The Register Report gives descendants. The Ahnentafel Report gives ancestors. They are not interchangeable.

ByronSpoon
03 October 2007, 01:38 PM
Terry is correct that the Ahnantafel and Register reports are not interchangeable, i.e., one goes backward in time and the other forward.

However, upon looking at Reunion's define layout options for the Register report vis-a-vis the Ahnantafel report, the Register report DOES have the capability to display the narrative style you are looking for (see Create > Register > define layout and select Miscellaneous and you will see the option to show children birth/death as "abbreviated", "full", or "narrative".

However Reunion's define layout for the Ahnantafel report currently DOES NOT have this same capability, and as you are seeing, you only get the abbreviated style for children's birth/death dates.

Seems like you may wish to post on the ReunionTalk Wish List to request this as a future capability.