PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery indexing software for Mac

Ron Snowden
15 September 2007, 01:18 AM
Can anyone recommend software that runs on a Mac that does a good job on indexing cemeteries? I am particularly interested in one that will turn it into a website; and into a book. I found one program, but it is not Mac friendly.

Any help will be appreciated.

STEVE
17 September 2007, 08:16 PM
Can anyone recommend software that runs on a Mac that does a good job on indexing cemeteries? I am particularly interested in one that will turn it into a website; and into a book. I found one program, but it is not Mac friendly.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ron,

I did a group of cemeteries here in No. Nevada some years ago. I wrote several FileMaker templates to help with the work. If you have FileMaker I can send them to you. If you don't have FileMaker I believe I can create the templates into stand-alone applications. I'd have to check into that. FileMaker is pretty flexible in output so you can probably design output pages of your own for the website and/or book. My output page for the main database printed a single sheet per record. A picture of the marker was included for each grave.

STEVE
stevebyars---earthlink-----net

Tom Robinson
18 September 2007, 07:09 PM
If you don't have FileMaker I believe I can create the templates into stand-alone applications. I'd have to check into that. FileMaker is pretty flexible in output so you can probably design output pages of your own for the website and/or book.
You need FileMaker Advanced to create runtimes for other people, and they come in at around 80 Megs. Also the recipient can only enter data, not create/modify layouts.

I have FM Advanced, but the license says I can't make runtimes of other people's solutions. If there's demand from a few people I can take over a copy of Steve's database and distribute that

gary george
18 September 2007, 11:53 PM
Ron,

I did a group of cemeteries here in No. Nevada some years ago. I wrote several FileMaker templates to help with the work. If you have FileMaker I can send them to you. If you don't have FileMaker I believe I can create the templates into stand-alone applications. I'd have to check into that. FileMaker is pretty flexible in output so you can probably design output pages of your own for the website and/or book. My output page for the main database printed a single sheet per record. A picture of the marker was included for each grave.

STEVE
stevebyars---earthlink-----net
Hello Steve - I am about to do some cemetery indexing within the next month or two but had not given much thought on how to record it. I have FileMaker and would like to see the above mentioned templates. Would you send me copies. Thanks Gary (in Kialla East - bet you don't know where that is !!)

Bob White
19 September 2007, 02:20 PM
Hello Steve - I am about to do some cemetery indexing within the next month or two but had not given much thought on how to record it. I have FileMaker and would like to see the above mentioned templates. Would you send me copies. Thanks Gary (in Kialla East - bet you don't know where that is !!)
These are the days of Google. Highlight Kialla East, right or control click on the highlight, choose Search in Google and in 0.15 seconds we find that you are in the Victoria state of Australia. :)

STEVE
19 September 2007, 07:15 PM
These are the days of Google. Highlight Kialla East, right or control click on the highlight, choose Search in Google and in 0.15 seconds we find that you are in the Victoria state of Australia. :)

But let's not forget the one near Kilimanjaro, Tanzania.

:-) STEVE

STEVE
19 September 2007, 07:22 PM
...I have FileMaker and would like to see the above mentioned templates. Would you send me copies. Thanks Gary (in Kialla East - bet you don't know where that is !!)

Australia or Africa, I don't care because I don't deliver. I do e-mail however, if I know the address...

;-) STEVE

Come to think of it. If you're buying the ticket...

gary george
24 September 2007, 09:12 AM
Australia or Africa - I wonder which one is closest to Reno ?
Well if I want to look at the templates, then the email address will settle the argument. Gary at <garygg@mcmedia.com.au>

jep111
11 November 2007, 01:28 AM

True, but his message alone told us that.

Cheers!

John