PDA

View Full Version : Delete/move fields

Espen Berg
15 May 2005, 06:08 PM
I want to delete any occurences of a certain home-made field in my family file. I try to use "Delete/move fields" from the File-menu, but I cannot find the field in the menus there. I can only see a few fields. How can I somewhat "activate" the field I want to empty for all persons?

The field I want to remove is a "Family field", not a "Person field".

Espen

Steve W. Jackson
19 May 2005, 04:04 PM
Click the question mark at the bottom of the Delete/Move Fields dialog and you'll go to the manual section on this feature. The text there seems to imply that it doesn't provide any means of removing additions you've made to Family fields (which technically means only Notes or Events). You might search the manual for more information.

= Steve =

Michael
23 May 2005, 05:44 PM
I want to delete any occurences of a certain home-made field in my family file. I try to use "Delete/move fields" from the File-menu, but I cannot find the field in the menus there. I can only see a few fields. How can I somewhat "activate" the field I want to empty for all persons?

The field I want to remove is a "Family field", not a "Person field".No, I'm sorry. The Delete/Move Fields option only applies to Person and Source fields.

You can, however, work around this by choosing Options -> Define -> Family Fields. Locate and highlight your custom field in the Define Family Fields window and click the "Delete Event" button. At this point, Reunion will search your family file for instances where this field is being used. You will then see a message saying that the field is in use and that you can search for all of the records that are using it. After searching, you'll then have a Found List with all of the people that have this field. You can then remove the field from those people as needed.