PDA

View Full Version : Reading Burnt FT on a PC

Stephen Hill
22 June 2007, 07:14 AM
I have burnt a family tree using webcards.

The file is a self contained file with an icon to open the family tree.

I burnt this file to disc(Mac & PC) and then put the disc into my daughters non Mac PC. The PC asked me what application to open and I was lost as under Mac it opens when you double click the file icon.

What application does the PC need in order to open the Reunion webcard file?

Steve hill

theKiwi
22 June 2007, 07:41 AM
I have burnt a family tree using webcards.

The file is a self contained file with an icon to open the family tree.

I burnt this file to disc(Mac & PC) and then put the disc into my daughters non Mac PC. The PC asked me what application to open and I was lost as under Mac it opens when you double click the file icon.

What application does the PC need in order to open the Reunion webcard file?

Steve hill

If you burnt Webcards to a CD, then you shouldn't have a "self contained file" - unless by saying file you really mean folder?

In any case, Webcards are simply HTML files, so depending on your settings should have had a file name ending in either .htm or .html.

If this is correct, then I'm surprised the PC couldn't open them, as by default every PC is set with Internet Explorer designated to open .htm/.html files.

So if the files really are named ending in .html then choose MSIE as the application to open it and see what happens.

If the files aren't ending in .htm or .html then you need to remake the Webcards and make sure that the file suffix is correct.

Roger