PDA

View Full Version : Web cards won't sync to.mac

Harold Riley
14 June 2007, 09:29 PM
Since upgrading to reuion 9 Family Web Cards in the iDisk will not sync to .Mac I get a error report 424 after waiting about 2 hours .
I'm doing the same thing as I use to do using 8 Any one know what I need to do ????
Please help
Harold

Dave Wells
15 June 2007, 06:25 PM
Since upgrading to reuion 9 Family Web Cards in the iDisk will not sync to .Mac I get a error report 424 after waiting about 2 hours. Harold

Harold, I'm not sure what you mean by "sync" since your .Mac iDisk is only another file folder, where files are copied. What tool are you using to copy the web card files to iDisk, or are you just using a drag and drop approach?
I have had no problem with my Reunion 9 web files, and am still using the same utility (Transmit) to upload them.
With more detail, we may be able to offer additional suggestions.

Harold Riley
15 June 2007, 08:08 PM
Thank you david:
I drag and drop the web card folder to my iDisk Sites folder and then the automatically Syncs to the .MAC Account . Then I go on line to the .MAC Account and use the .MAC iDisk Sites to publish to the Web,I have no problem with register reports and had no problem wirh Family Cards with Reunion 8 but since I started using 9 it just won't upload to .MAC

Harold

Dave Wells
18 June 2007, 07:48 PM
I drag and drop the web card folder to my iDisk Sites folder and then the automatically Syncs to the .MAC Account. Then I go on line to the .MAC Account and use the .MAC iDisk Sites to publish to the Web,I have no problem with register reports and had no problem wirh Family Cards with Reunion 8 but since I started using 9 it just won't upload to .MAC

Harold - do you mean that dragging the web card folder to your iDisk "Sites" folder doesn't copy the files to your iDisk?

gencea
12 November 2007, 02:02 AM
I'm having the same problem. Was there a solution?

gencea
25 November 2007, 03:00 PM
For some reason sync couldn't finish the upload, but this answer from .mac support, worked just fine:

First, I'd like to apologize that it took longer than expected to get back to you. That said, I want to make sure we get this resolved as soon as possible. It does appear that the uploads did not complete.

Please note that in most cases, DSL and cable Internet connections have maximum upload speeds between 128kbps and 384kbps. This is in contrast to download speeds that are normally between 1.5Mbps and 3Mbps. This means that copying a file from your computer to a server can be up to 24 times slower than copying a file from a server to your computer.

When troubleshooting the iDisk, one of the first things to do is to disable the local copy, if active and actually interact directly with your remote iDisk.

To turn off iDisk Syncing in Mac OS X v10.4, please follow these steps:

1. From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
2. Click the .Mac icon.
3. Click the iDisk tab.
4. Click Stop to turn off iDisk Syncing.
5. Close the System Preferences window.
6. Restart your computer.

When your local iDisk has been disabled you will most likely want to connect to your remote iDisk and begin the actual process of interacting with it.

If you're using Mac OS X version 10.3 or later, choose Go >iDisk from the Go menu in the Finder menu bar, and then choose My iDisk from the submenu.

Note: Though both the remote and local iDisk copies have the same icon when shown on the Desktop, there is actually an easy way to tell them apart. The remote iDisk will always be titled "gencea" whereas a local iDisk copy will be titled "iDisk".

If the issue persists, please connect directly to your modem; bypassing any routers, hubs, or switches and test again.

If the issue continues, please respond to this message. Again, I apologize for the delay in responding.

Sincerely,

David
.Mac Support
http://www.apple.com/support/dotmac
http://www.mac.com/learningcenter