PDA

View Full Version : Adding Photo Captions?

Troy
01 June 2007, 11:41 AM
Hi---

I would like to add captions to my photos (including those in Reunion) and print the photo-with-its-caption to share with relatives.

What is the best way to do this? Special Software?

By the way, I would like the caption to look nice (e.g., a nice textured background such as parchment and use a nice looking font for the caption text).

Thanks.

Troy---

Bob White
04 June 2007, 03:38 AM
Reunion does not have photo edit ability, so you will have to prepare your photo in a program such as Photoshop Elements or CS3. Then you would bring your completed photo into Reunion. If you are a newbie to this type of program, I would recommend Elements. It's under $100 and has a fairly gentle learning curve and lots of books, CD's and adult ed classes available.

Troy
04 June 2007, 08:20 AM
Bob---

Thanks for the help.

I will check them out.

Take care.

Troy---

daw640
04 June 2007, 10:52 AM
Or, perhaps, GraphicConverter from lemkesoft here:

http://www.lemkesoft.com/

A great program often called the "poor man's Photoshop" and an absolute steal at $30.

It's been around for years and is updated frequently.

Dave Williams

Troy
04 June 2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks Dave.

I will check it out too.

Troy---

Frank
04 June 2007, 12:41 PM
I would like to add captions to my photos (including those in Reunion) and print the photo-with-its-caption to share with relatives.

What is the best way to do this? Special Software?

By the way, I would like the caption to look nice (e.g., a nice textured background such as parchment and use a nice looking font for the caption text).While Reunion doesn't do the "nice textured background such as parchment..." it does print pictures that are linked to people. And the printouts include caption, commments, file name, the person to whom the picture is linked, and file size.

When a picture window is open, just choose File -> Print.

Or, if a Multimedia window is open, select a picture and choose File -> Print.

Perhaps more utilitarian than fancy, but I wanted to be sure you were aware of this capability.

Troy
04 June 2007, 04:35 PM
Frank---

Thanks for the information; it's good to know that.

Troy---