PDA

View Full Version : Documenting city directory information

karan
22 May 2007, 02:43 PM
How do others document the information they have from city directories? Is there a place to list all the addresses one person lived? I have found lots of additional family members living with one ancester at different times. Do you recommend a chart form? I don't look forward to typing this information out on each family member(lengthy). Some seem to change their addresses and employment on every two years. It gets confusing and I'm trying to document all of this in an efficient manner. I haven't received my Reunion 9 program yet but ordered it last week. In the past I have written it in the notes which is tedious and can get confusing. The way I was doing it was to list every occupant of a house in each persons card under notes. Sometimes I would forget one and have to add to the notes. There has to be another way! The family group I working on his a large Irish family with lots of cousins and aunt and uncles who settled in Lawrence,MA. Looking forward to hearing everyone's advice!
Karen Trearchis

Steve W. Jackson
22 May 2007, 06:43 PM
When you get your copy of Reunion 9, check out the Events available for people.

I personally have a hard time thinking of a census as an Event, but it's listed there. You'll also find Residence, where you can create as many of these events on a person as you need to document their location over time. You will find Baptism, Adoption, Retirement, and a host of others -- in addition to the traditional ones like Birth, Death, etc.

= Steve =

karan
28 May 2007, 08:49 PM
When you get your copy of Reunion 9, check out the Events available for people.

I personally have a hard time thinking of a census as an Event, but it's listed there. You'll also find Residence, where you can create as many of these events on a person as you need to document their location over time. You will find Baptism, Adoption, Retirement, and a host of others -- in addition to the traditional ones like Birth, Death, etc.

= Steve =

Thanks, Steve for your help.
Karen