PDA

View Full Version : Formating date area on Register Report

Dinee
02 May 2005, 10:09 PM
Here is my basic query. Presently, when I prepare a register report the info on the children of a couple have their dates appear with only the year
i. Joe (1952-)
ii. Bob (1954-)
iii. Sally (1958)

but what I'm hoping, is that somewhere in the settings, there is a place that would allow the report to show:
i. Joe (15, October 1952-)
ii. Bob (3, July,1954-)
iii. Sally (25, December 1958-)

I know that the dates are in the lower portion of the report, but frequently when I'm working on gathering updates, people feel inclined to tell me that DOB info when then see it on the report the first time, even though it will appear later on the report.

What can I do?

Michael
05 May 2005, 04:04 PM
Here is my basic query. Presently, when I prepare a register report the info on the children of a couple have their dates appear with only the year
i. Joe (1952-)
ii. Bob (1954-)
iii. Sally (1958)

but what I'm hoping, is that somewhere in the settings, there is a place that would allow the report to show:
ii. Bob (3, July,1954-)

I know that the dates are in the lower portion of the report, but frequently when I'm working on gathering updates, people feel inclined to tell me that DOB info when then see it on the report the first time, even though it will appear later on the report.

What can I do?I'm sorry, there aren't any settings in Reunion to automatically include the full birth dates here.

STEVE
05 May 2005, 08:33 PM
i. Joe (1952-)
ii. Bob (1954-)
iii. Sally (1958)

ii. Bob (3, July,1954-)

What can I do?Hi Dinee,

Each part of what we do has separate meaning and usage. In this case, the Register Report, the material given is succinct enough to be easily read, but complete enough to tell the difference between Joe (1952-) and Joe (1902-). The register is an index of sorts, a finder. Like any good index it is abbreviated as much as possible, while trying to clearly differentiate between entries. Any sort of specifics just clutter up and block the "instant" readability of the Register. The purpose of the Register is to provide an easy overview and look up for your database. Once found, the Register points directly to the specific information that you might be seeking, which really has no place in an index, unless it is indexable itself. "Joe" is not enough information. "Joe (1952-) allows you to differentiate between 99+% of your Joe's in most all cases. "Joe (7:32 am, 23 December 1952; Room 1711, Ipswitch Community Family Center, Tyre-on-the-Strand, Suffox, Not Quite Downtown England, United Kingdom, Earth.)" is just WAY too much information.

:-) STEVE

Dinee
10 May 2005, 12:26 PM
thanks y'all for taking the time to explain that to me. :)