PDA

View Full Version : Family Group Sheet Layout

John Tomlinson
28 April 2005, 04:53 PM
I like the layout of the family group sheet created by Reunion EXCEPT for the Memo fields. The field titles, like "Baptism Memo" & "Marriage Memo" break out of the column created by the other fields and marr the appearance of the report. I don't want to leave these fields out and I much prefer the layout created by Reunion to that created by ClarisWorks. Is there any way to solve this without abbreviating the field titles?

Deb
05 May 2005, 03:18 PM
I like the layout of the family group sheet created by Reunion EXCEPT for the Memo fields. The field titles, like "Baptism Memo" & "Marriage Memo" break out of the column created by the other fields and marr the appearance of the report. I don't want to leave these fields out and I much prefer the layout created by Reunion to that created by ClarisWorks. Is there any way to solve this without abbreviating the field titles?Hi John,

The only way I've found (without abbreviating some field titles) to create the style of report you want and have all field title boxes stay the same size is to create a web report. (I.e. select the "Destination" for the Family Group Sheet as your web browser or "Web Folder.").

Then, create a white background for the report to open in by selecting "Define Styles..." from the "Web Style:" pop-up menu. Next, click the "Add Style" button and enter a name for your new style. (Incidentally, I called mine White;-) Then, select "Custom" from the "Background" pop-up menu and select the appropriate color.

Next, click "Save" and adjust all other setting as usual. Finally, click "Open" to begin the process of creating the report. After the report has been created and is open in your web browser, each Family Group Sheet could be printed one at a time.

This could be a long process. However, I hope the end result is similar to what you were hoping for:-)

John Tomlinson
06 May 2005, 12:30 PM
Thanks Deb! Your solution looks very promising. I have printed out the instructions and will give it a try.

Thom
11 April 2007, 05:52 PM
Just wanted to bump this post up. I realize that with the rewrite for version 9, new features like this are probably going to be slow coming, but I would love to see more options for layout. I'm really hip on the idea of a PAF-like format, just because I can show it to other LDS people and not have them look at me funny, but in my perfect world the actual layout would be more customizable.

This probably isn't at the top of my list, though.