PDA

View Full Version : Family History Report

Jane Nicholson
25 April 2005, 12:23 PM
Hi...just got this new Mac and hence Reunion. Am used to PC and Family Tree Maker. Have to leave for England tonight for a family reunion and thought I would print out the Family History Report for the family I'm visiting. No luck. I can create and print descendent sheets, etc., but when it comes to the report, I get a message which says "cannot create report". Have not found any explanation for this in Help, which I find difficult to understand.

Any explanation greatly appreciated...sigh.

Jane Nicholson

Michael
25 April 2005, 02:25 PM
I can create and print descendent sheets, etc., but when it comes to the report, I get a message which says "cannot create report".Hi Jane,

I'll need a few more details...

What word processor are you using with Reunion?

What is the current location of your default Reports folder? You can check this by choosing Options -> Reports in the top Reunion menu bar. Your report location is under the "Report Folder" option.

Jane Nicholson
25 April 2005, 04:05 PM
Hi Michael:

I use Microsoft Word. Went to Options Reports as you directed. It says " Macintosh HD: Applications: Reunion 8: Reports, which I assume means that is the location of the Report Folder. Have no clue what to do next. Thanks for any help.

Jane

Michael
25 April 2005, 04:17 PM
Went to Options Reports as you directed. It says " Macintosh HD: Applications: Reunion 8: Reports, which I assume means that is the location of the Report Folder.That's correct -- this is the current location of your Report Folder. As a quick test, try changing this to your Desktop. You can do this by clicking on the "Change" button and choosing the Desktop as your location. Be sure to save your changes.

Now, try creating your Family History Report. Let me know what happens.

Jane Nicholson
25 April 2005, 05:25 PM
Michael, that worked like a charm. Thank you very much. I never in a thousand years would have known what to do. Now I can take the report to England this evening. Thanks again.

Jane

Michael
25 April 2005, 05:36 PM
Michael, that worked like a charm. Thank you very much.It appears that there are some minor problems with your OS X permissions -- either with your Applications folder or the reports folder itself. I suspect the problem is with your Applications folder.

You can try repairing permissions using the Disk Utility program (...Applications : Utilities : Disk Utility) on your computer. To do so, open the Disk Utility program. In that program, go to the First Aid section, select your hard drive name on the left, and click the Repair Permissions button. This may take a while.

Once this has completed, you can change the Reports folder back to its original location. You could also leave it as your Desktop or change it to your Documents folder -- whichever you prefer. :)