PDA

View Full Version : Squeezing/trimming charts and boxes

SAINT GIRONS
17 April 2005, 05:03 AM
Good morning from a Reunion fan in France,

I am now using version 8.06 of Reunion and I created this morning a descendant chart. When I tried to squeeze the size of the boxes, I could not find how to do it. I looked into the manual but could not find the way. I found it was possible for pedigree charts. If I remember well, that option was available in my former versions of Reunion.
Maybe I did not look out properly.
Could somebody help me ?

Many thanks
Jean-Michel Saint Girons

Dennis J. Cunniff
17 April 2005, 06:26 AM
Good morning from a Reunion fan in France,

I am now using version 8.06 of Reunion and I created this morning a descendant chart. When I tried to squeeze the size of the boxes, I could not find how to do it. I looked into the manual but could not find the way. I found it was possible for pedigree charts. If I remember well, that option was available in my former versions of Reunion.
Maybe I did not look out properly.
Could somebody help me ?Jean-Michel,
If you press the "apple" key, you can use the arrow keys to compress or expand a descendant chart.

apple + up arrow -> less vertical space
apple + down arrow -> more vertical space
apple + left arrow -> less horizontal space
apple + right arrow -> more horizontal space

fjvanbodegom
17 April 2005, 10:01 AM
The advice from Dennis to compress or expand a descendant chart is is true for a whole chart, but the question of Jean-Michel was 'how to squeeze the size of the boxes'.
But ... what exactly do you mean with your question ? Squeeze a chart or do you want to trim boxes ?
Squeezing a chart is only possible with a pedigree chart in a left-right or a right-left orientation (Tree -> Squeeze pedigree)
Talking about a Descendant Chart: when the Chart orientation is 'Top-to-bottom' or Bottom-to-Top' there is no way (and no need) to trim the boxes , each box is as small as possible, depending on the content of the box.
In a Descendant chart with the Waterfall orientation or 'Butterfly/Waterfall' you can choose to trim the boxes: Each, Generations and Uniform.
Hope this is what you are asking for ?

SAINT GIRONS
24 April 2005, 11:21 AM
I would like to thank very much Denis Cunniff and my dutch european neighbour, Frans van Bodegom, for their useful tips (18th April Reunion talk digest) on squeezing/trimming charts and boxes.

Jean-Michel Saint Girons
jmsaintgirons@free.fr