PDA

View Full Version : adopted child

Audrey Ann
23 April 2005, 09:25 PM
I have made a mistake I think. I place my name under my biological parents, not my adoptive parents. Then I also placed it under the adoptive parents, so now I'm all mixed up, what do I do to correct this problem? It is really mixed up, because the adoptive parents were my aunt and uncle, thanks for any help. I hope this is the right place to start? as I'm new to this Reunion Talk

Mary Arthur
23 April 2005, 11:33 PM
I have made a mistake I think. I place my name under my biological parents, not my adoptive parents. Then I also placed it under the adoptive parents, so now I'm all mixed up, what do I do to correct this problem? It is really mixed up, because the adoptive parents were my aunt and uncle, thanks for any help. I hope this is the right place to start? as I'm new to this Reunion TalkIt is really easy to fix. I assume you mean that you have entered yourself twice. Go to the parent card of your aunt and uncle, remove your name from their children by dragging it to the clipboard. Now, go to the little + sign at the right bottom of the mother card and click add existing female child, and choose your name with your natural parents, and link, and duplicate, then click on the children button at the top, near centre of the screen and choose adopted as status. When you are viewing yourself, there will be arrows next to your parents and you can choose which set to make appear using edit parents. This is using OS X and Reuinon 8.06 but it was very similar in eariler incarnations.

Audrey Ann
23 April 2005, 11:54 PM
It is really easy to fix. I assume you mean that you have entered yourself twice. Go to the parent card of your aunt and uncle, remove your name from their children by dragging it to the clipboard. Now, go to the little + sign at the right bottom of the mother card and click add existing female child, and choose your name with your natural parents, and link, and duplicate, then click on the children button at the top, near centre of the screen and choose adopted as status. When you are viewing yourself, there will be arrows next to your parents and you can choose which set to make appear using edit parents. This is using OS X and Reuinon 8.06 but it was very similar in eariler incarnations.Thanks, I tried this and I guess it works, I can now use either set, depending on which family I want may name to appear on. I hope this takes care of the problem. Audrey Ann

Betty Miessner
25 April 2005, 07:01 PM
When I do a relationship check using the "find relationship" option on Reunion 7.05 I get a message telling me that the child, born illegitimately, has "no blood relationship..." to his or her birth mother and father. (!) I entered the person once and linked to both adoptive and birth parents.

Would appreciate some computer-literate type setting me straight on this.
Betty M

Steve W. Jackson
25 April 2005, 07:27 PM
When I do a relationship check using the "find relationship" option on Reunion 7.05 I get a message telling me that the child, born illegitimately, has "no blood relationship..." to his or her birth mother and father. (!) I entered the person once and linked to both adoptive and birth parents.

Would appreciate some computer-literate type setting me straight on this.The child should have been created on the family card of the birth parents (or moved there), after which it should've been linked to the adoptive parents. If that's how it was done, then the request for a relationship would correctly tell you that there's no blood relationship to the adoptive parents, rather than the birth parents.

If it wasn't done this way, you should end up with the response you got. That means you'll likely need to remove the child from the family card of the birth parents (since that would be a duplicate) and move the one over from the adoptive parents' card, then re-link to the adoptive parents with duplication.

Hope that's not too confusing... :)

= Steve =

Betty Miessner
26 April 2005, 06:13 PM
If it wasn't done this way, you should end up with the response you got. That means you'll likely need to remove the child from the family card of the birth parents (since that would be a duplicate) and move the one over from the adoptive parents' card, then re-link to the adoptive parents with duplication.Many thanks, Steve Jackson - worked like a charm. And I noticed that in order to get the little arrow you have to make sure the child's status is entered correctly.
Betty M.