PDA

View Full Version : Repair Log File "Duplicated Person" message

WilliamTaber
23 April 2005, 06:40 PM
I recently had a power failure while my Family file was open. After power recovery, I used the Repair facility of Reunion 8, which reported problems and generated a log file. The log file suggests I look in the Manual for "log message", which I did. However, the manual has no explanation of the "Duplicated Person" messages which appear in my log file. So, what do these messages mean? Why are they not in the Manual?

Here is the contents of the Log File:
Upgrade/Repair Log File

*** For an explanation of items in this log, click the "Manual" button and search for "log message."
Duplicated Person 4138 Misc. Notes, from Person 4134 Misc. Notes.
Duplicated Person 4139 Misc. Notes, from Person 4134 Misc. Notes.
Duplicated Person 4140 Misc. Notes, from Person 4134 Misc. Notes.
Duplicated Person 5619 Research, from Person 4134 Misc. Notes.
Duplicated Person 6597 Misc. Notes, from Person 4134 Misc. Notes.

Gregg
23 April 2005, 11:18 PM
The person was not duplicated, the Misc Notes for the listed people were found to be duplicated or linked in your family file and the duplication has been "unbroken."

Eirik StrÝm
29 April 2005, 07:36 PM
So, what do these messages mean?
Duplicated Person 4138 Misc. Notes, from Person 4134 Misc. Notes.
Duplicated Person 4139 Misc. Notes, from Person 4134 Misc. Notes.
Duplicated Person 4140 Misc. Notes, from Person 4134 Misc. Notes.
Duplicated Person 5619 Research, from Person 4134 Misc. Notes.
Duplicated Person 6597 Misc. Notes, from Person 4134 Misc. Notes.

After experiencing a Reunion crash and an ensuing error report one may feel better if a possible explanation is provided. Therefore:

When Reunion runs the repair function after a crash the result is a report covering all errors found in the family file, including errors present in the file before crashing. The errors reported in this case indicate that they were not a consequence of the crash. So what has happened?

If I were to guess, I think that at one stage a GEDCOM file including the persons mentioned in the Reunion error log file was imported into the family file. The contents of the GEDCOM file most probably originated on the internet, the most likely candidate being www.familysearch.org. Databases on the internet reporting by GEDCOM files have two problems: