PDA

View Full Version : Source Use Question

STEVE
28 March 2007, 01:04 AM
I've had an idea, and tried it. I'd like some feedback before going any further with the idea.

I've been getting a lot of e-mails from other family researchers. Normally, every entry is paired to a note that shows the significant portion of the communication. A VERY time-consuming process.

What I've done is paste the entire body text of the e-mail into the free-form portion of the source so that every source entry carries the entire msg, thus saving time, space, frustration. What do some of the rest of you think of this schema? Do any of you have direct excperience of this? I'm afraid there are negatives to this idea that would make it impractical.

Thanks, STEVE

Rauser
28 March 2007, 01:14 AM
I do the same as you Steve, I just make sure that the "Exclude from Endnotes" box is checked. This is a carryover from the good old days when you could not attach files to sources.

I do use an "E-Mail" source and fill out the pertinent bits so that things get printed properly in reports, etc.

BTW, it would be very cool if you could drag and drop email directly into the Multimedia field in a Source too... <hint hint>