PDA

View Full Version : Pictures on Family Group sheet

Janice Roden
15 April 2005, 04:22 PM
When I create a group sheet the pictures are always in the center of the page, and I can't move them. Is there any way to have them postioned to the left???
Of course, I know I can also do a plain group sheet and then insert them manually, but what a hassle.

Also (another dumb question), can we not do a family group sheet that has the lines in it, which make it look like an old printed group sheet in days gone by, when we had to do them by hand??? (like a person sheet)???

Any help is appreciated.

Janice in Dallas

fjvanbodegom
17 April 2005, 10:51 AM
Your first question: when you create a Family Group Sheet and you open it in your Wordprocessor (you choose with the popup with 'Destination'), indeed the picture is in the middle of the page.
Place your cursor just in front of the picture and by using the tab-key or the backspace-key you can choose the place of the picture on several places, depending on the position of the tabs, but also at the right or the left side, but the picture remain above the name. You need some extra skill working with wordprocessors or desktop publishing tools to place pictures and wrap around the text.

Your second question: a family group sheet that has lines ... Create -> Family Group Sheet -> Destination and choose Print Preview. Then you have your family group sheet with lines and you see the pictures at the right side.
Is this what you are asking for ?

Steve W. Jackson
18 April 2005, 07:06 PM
Your first question: when you create a Family Group Sheet and you open it in your Wordprocessor (you choose with the popup with 'Destination'), indeed the picture is in the middle of the page.
Place your cursor just in front of the picture and by using the tab-key or the backspace-key you can choose the place of the picture on several places, depending on the position of the tabs, but also at the right or the left side, but the picture remain above the name. You need some extra skill working with wordprocessors or desktop publishing tools to place pictures and wrap around the text.

Your second question: a family group sheet that has lines ... Create -> Family Group Sheet -> Destination and choose Print Preview. Then you have your family group sheet with lines and you see the pictures at the right side.
Is this what you are asking for ?I suspect the Print Preview version is exactly what she's looking for -- in both of the questions.

For me, a Family Group Sheet with photos sent to Print Preview produces lines, as she's requested, and it puts the pictures on the right instead of in the center. It appears, however, that the pictures obscure some of the field contents. When I send it to AppleWorks 6, which means it's actually written to RTF format and then converted when opened by AW6, the pictures are in the center. And the blank FGS does not include any lines. So I'm guessing that Reunion puts out RTF content that doesn't quite match what it shows in the Print Preview form.

Going direct to Printer as a destination appears to show the same thing I see in Print Preview, but here too the pictures obscure some of the field contents. It's possible that this may be correctable if I tinker with settings.

= Steve =

Janice Roden
25 April 2005, 07:02 PM
Yes the 2nd question is answered, but the other question is unanswered because I have no control over the photos in my word processor., but Thanks anyway.