PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Reliable RAM?

Julianne
15 April 2005, 03:25 PM
I want to max out my RAM in preparation for Tiger. Where is a good place to buy reliable RAM at a good price? I have had a problem with bad RAM and don't want to repeat that.

Thanks in advance,
Julianne

Frank
15 April 2005, 03:29 PM
We buy from http://ramjet.com/

SGilbert
15 April 2005, 03:41 PM
They're all good--so to speak! Apples are quite finiky as to RAM. Just find a place that had a money-back guarantee.

Julianne
15 April 2005, 03:45 PM
You guys are quick..thanks.
Julianne

Julianne
15 April 2005, 04:52 PM
I just checked ramjet.com and the RAM I need is $169 there, compared to $150 at apple.com.

ttl
15 April 2005, 05:10 PM
crucial.com has good RAM (it's the Micron retail outlet), but doesn't have the absolutely lowest prices. It's always been significantly lower than Apple though, but perhaps if Apple is beating ramjet, Apple has decided to get competitive on RAM prices? :confused:

David G. Kanter
15 April 2005, 06:07 PM
. . .Where is a good place to buy reliable RAM at a good price?
I

jimrite
15 April 2005, 06:20 PM
I've used Crucial (www.crucial.com) for the past five years or so for RAM for three iMacs, an iBook, a Powerbook and a Cube, and have also bought several SD cards from them and have always had prompt service and so far no bad chips. Their website is easy to navigate, too. (I have no connection with the company; I found them through ads in MacWorld.)
Jim Wright

Bob White
17 April 2005, 02:37 AM
Been using MemoryX for several years. Good prices and good merchandise. You can find them at http://www.memoryx.net/.

Julianne
17 April 2005, 08:13 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up going with Crucial. With tax and shipping the 512 mb chip was about $103. I googled and found a coupon code to save a few bucks.

Then I went and preordered Tiger from Apple (my husband is a teacher so it was $69 with the educational discount). I can't wait!

Julianne

Philip B Fregeau
17 April 2005, 03:28 PM
I want to max out my RAM in preparation for Tiger. Where is a good place to buy reliable RAM at a good price? I have had a problem with bad RAM and don't want to repeat that.Good prices, reliable products, expert advice at Other World Computing. I have never been disappointed. Go to www.macsales.com
You can also pre-order Tiger there for $99.00.

Phil Fregeau