PDA

View Full Version : Reunion 8 and Tiger

Charles Cox
13 April 2005, 05:45 PM
Are there going to be any compatibility issues when Tiger is available at the end of April?

Michael
14 April 2005, 11:42 AM
Are there going to be any compatibility issues when Tiger is available at the end of April?Hi Charles,
Reunion 8 will be compatible with Tiger, and we don't anticipate any conflicts.

Julianne
28 April 2005, 08:50 PM
I just installed Tiger (it arrived from Apple a day early). I opened Reunion and so far no problems.

Al Cooper
29 April 2005, 06:36 PM
Are there going to be any compatibility issues when Tiger is available at the end of April?I upgraded today to Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" and a quick check disclosed no problems with Reunion 8.06.

Rod Hagen
02 May 2005, 02:46 AM
Yes, I've had a brief try with it (v 8.06) as well after upgrading to Tiger. No problems at my end so far either.

THere are issues with quite a few other pieces of software though - see http://www.macintouch.com/tigerreview/incompatibility.html and http://www.macintouch.com/tigercompat.html for useful lists of incompatabilities and updates.

The only problem I have had was the need to re-add a printer connected over airport to the printer list.

Cheers

Rod

Bob White
02 May 2005, 09:04 PM
No problems with Reunion. Like Rod, I had to delete and re-add a printer. (On a USB connection; the Ethernet printers simply worked.) FileMakerPro7 was running very sluggish, so I trashed its several different preference plists and it is now as fast as ever. Only thing that I haven't figured out is that my eMac won't go to sleep in less than about 30 seconds; the iBook does it in a couple seconds as always.

plebuch
02 May 2005, 11:06 PM
Everything looked okay, but then I couldn't add new information (like my new granddaughter and my daughter's naturalization). I realized that I might not have the most up-to-date version of Reunion 8. Since I was at 8.05, I tried to update, but was unable to do so.

johnpritt
03 May 2005, 01:20 AM
I haven't had any problems with Reunion since upgrading to Tiger.
I had to reinstall my printer through the System Preferences printer panel.
Other issues I came across were with Mail and Bluetooth.
Mail kept crashing until I removed a bundle left over from my previous setup (MailPriority) that wasn't compatible. Now works fine.
I also lost Bluetooth for some inexplicable reason: it worked fine one day, then nothing th enext, not even the indicator in the toolbar. I had to reboot/reset the PR, and now that is cured as well.
I suppose my biggest problem was making sure I had enough space on my hard drive for the installation: I use a lowly iBook with a 10gb drive and had to do some severe pruning to find the 3gb free space necessary for the installation.

Michael
03 May 2005, 03:26 PM
Everything looked okay, but then I couldn't add new information (like my new granddaughter and my daughter's naturalization). I realized that I might not have the most up-to-date version of Reunion 8. Since I was at 8.05, I tried to update, but was unable to do so.This is a problem with your OS X permissions settings. For whatever reasons, OS X thinks that you don't have sufficient privileges to make changes to your file. The permissions settings are either incorrect, or they have been damaged. To be able to make changes to your file, you will want to have Read & Write access to the file. You can check this by highlighting your family file in the Finder and choosing File -> Get Info.

Since you can't run the update, it is possible that your Application folder may have incorrect permissions settings. You can run the Disk Utility in your Utilities folder to repair permissions. After you've repaired permissions, you should be able to run the update.

If you continue to experience problems, please contact me directly...
help@leisterpro.com ( help@leisterpro.com)

Dan Smith
10 May 2005, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know if Reunion has been tested to OSX 10.4 (Tiger)?

Al Cooper
10 May 2005, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know if Reunion has been tested to OSX 10.4 (Tiger)?Reunion 8.06 is peforming okay with Tiger on my iMac G5 17. I had problems with Virex and several Norton applications but none with Reunion. Overall Tiger is a major improvement over Panther and is well worth any minor compatibility problems.

MMollick
10 May 2005, 07:42 PM
Reunion 8.06 is working fine on my iMac G4 with OS 10.4 installed last week.

idfitter
10 May 2005, 07:43 PM
Working fine here too.

Janet Mobley
10 May 2005, 09:12 PM
Or so the poem goes. Have you installed Tiger? I just want you to know that Reunion works beautifully with the new system.

I had a little trouble with some older applications that wanted Classic. If you have any of those you must install your OS9 discs first, then Tiger. I think you must install OS09 on a separate partition. I have Tiger on each of two partitions so I couldn't install OS9 programs.

I was in Salt Lake City last week with our local Genealogy Society, got some new info. to put into Reunion this week. Had a great time.

Janet Mobley
http://homepage.mac.com/janmobley/home.html

jackieurban
23 July 2005, 12:36 AM
I just purchased a new computer that has Tiger installed (my old one had OS 10.3). But, when I try to install Reunion 8 from the CD, the computer will not recognize it. It has recognized other CDs and Reunion was recognized on another computer we have. Not sure what is wrong.

fjvanbodegom
23 July 2005, 05:59 AM
See the answer of Michael: Reunion and Tiger work perfectly together, no problems, but I remember an answer of Michael (see below) that a few Reunion 8 CD's were not recognised on some specific new machines, so contact Leister directly about this problem. Hi Don,
We've noticed that some of the newer disc drives have trouble reading our Reunion 8 installation CDs. I'll contact you off-list to handle this.
Michael Martin
Leister Productions, Inc.

johnpritt
23 July 2005, 08:16 AM
I just purchased a new computer that has Tiger installed (my old one had OS 10.3). But, when I try to install Reunion 8 from the CD, the computer will not recognize it. It has recognized other CDs and Reunion was recognized on another computer we have. Not sure what is wrong.You can transfer applications, documents, etc., from the old computer to the new one, provided that you have a spare firewire cable (and the old mac has a firewire port!). Connect the two computers, restart the old one whilst holding down the "T" key on the keyboard.

On the new Mac, go into Applications-Utilities-Migration Assistant, and follow the prompts. It's quick and easy.

Derrick
23 July 2005, 10:45 AM
I just purchased a new computer that has Tiger installed (my old one had OS 10.3). But, when I try to install Reunion 8 from the CD, the computer will not recognize it. It has recognized other CDs and Reunion was recognized on another computer we have. Not sure what is wrong.I've had similar problems with CDs from Apple itself. I think it has to do with either permissions or with some other aspect of User Libraries, both of which in Tiger seem to be more restrictive.

What I did, what you might try, is to set up a brand new User account--which has an entirely clean library--and install the software from there; once it is actually on the computer, any user can use it, and you can delete the dummy User. But in any event, I think it is something with the OS, not Reunion. For more, look to Apple support.

Paul Reitz
23 July 2005, 11:30 PM
Installed Tiger a few days ago, with 10.4.2 combo updater. No problems.

Today, using Reunion 8.0.5, noticed that all database manipulations were very slow - scrolling indexes, opening new windows, etc.

No mention of changes in 8.0.6 due to Tiger, but I downloaded the update & installed. Speed seems back to normal. Thank goodness.

Message is: if you're going to use OS X 10.4.x, better update to 8.0.6.

-Paul

Steve W. Jackson
25 July 2005, 07:34 PM
Installed Tiger a few days ago, with 10.4.2 combo updater. No problems.

Today, using Reunion 8.0.5, noticed that all database manipulations were very slow - scrolling indexes, opening new windows, etc.

No mention of changes in 8.0.6 due to Tiger, but I downloaded the update & installed. Speed seems back to normal. Thank goodness.

Message is: if you're going to use OS X 10.4.x, better update to 8.0.6.

-PaulBetter still, always update immediately after Leister announces a maintenance update to Reunion.

= Steve =

martha
27 July 2005, 06:07 AM
Better still, always update immediately after Leister announces a maintenance update to Reunion.I also have a problem with Tiger and Reunion. I have the latest update of both. Reunion will no longer allow me to enter a date using just numbers, for instance 25 11 07, which usually it would interpret to mean 25 Nov 1907. If I don't write out in letters the name of the month, it won't accept the date.

Can anyone help?

Martha in Israel

Freda Noble
27 July 2005, 06:13 PM
Talking about updating...I just had Mac OSXv10.4 Tiger installed on my Mac G4. Reunion has not given me any problems, but I know I should up date.
I have Reunion 8. Can I go straight to the current up-date for Reunion, or do I have to work my way up to the last up date?

Thanks for any info. An explanation as to how to up date would be helpful.

Freda
Gualala Ca

Bob Goode
27 July 2005, 07:00 PM
Talking about updating...I just had Mac OSXv10.4 Tiger installed on my Mac G4. Reunion has not given me any problems, but I know I should up date. I have Reunion 8. Can I go straight to the current up-date for Reunion, or do I have to work my way up to the last up date?Go the the following site and follow the instructions. You will have two installs and you will be up to date. Enjoy.

http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/Version8/Updatev8.html

David G. Kanter
27 July 2005, 07:24 PM
. . .You will have two installs and you will be up to date.Based on having talked to Freda, she'll have three actions to take. Her prior installation of Reunion from the original CD had been under Mac OS 9 and, thus, only the Classic version of Reunion was installed.

She'll (1) Use the original CD again and re-run the installation. As it'll see she's now running under OS X, that installation will give her the OS X version of Reunion--which, in her case, is v8.00. (2) She'll download and run the free maintenance update which will take her to v8.05. And (3), she'll download and run the OS-X-only maintenance update which takes v8.05 to v8.06.

Bob Goode
28 July 2005, 02:36 PM
Based on having talked to Freda, she'll have three actions to take. Her prior installation of Reunion from the original CD had been under Mac OS 9 and, thus, only the Classic version of Reunion was installed.I stand corrected. I was assuming that she already installed the OSX version of Reunion.

S. Kennedy
29 July 2005, 12:50 AM
I also have a problem with Tiger and Reunion. I have the latest update of both. Reunion will no longer allow me to enter a date using just numbers, for instance 25 11 07, which usually it would interpret to mean 25 Nov 1907. If I don't write out in letters the name of the month, it won't accept the date.

Can anyone help?

Martha in Israel
Martha,

There was another thread on "dates" recently that touched on your problem. I'm not sure it is a Tiger problem. I am running 10.3.8 + Reunion 8.0.6 and my version of Reunion will not accept the date as dd/mm/yyyy but it will accept mm/dd/yyyy and display the result as ddMMMyyyy. Maybe this is a localization problem; I don't know. Others may have a better answer for you.