PDA

View Full Version : Reunion 8.06 on a Mac Book Pro

lkinney
15 February 2007, 12:53 PM
I have installed Reunion 8.06 on a MacBook Pro and it seems to execute properly. However, I have not been able to transfer my Reunion 8 files from my old Mac (running Mac OS 9.0) to the MacBook Pro. I have tried copying the files from my old Mac to an external hard disk and to a flash memory stick. In both cases, the MacBook Pro interprets the files as Unix executable files and Reunion 8.06 will not open them. Also, trying to open the files in Mac OS X generates the message that the application for the files is unknown and, when Renunion 8 is selected as the application, the files still do not open.
Has anyone successfully transferred Reunion 8 files from a Mac with OS 9 to a Mac Pro with OS X?

Larry Kinney

SGilbert
15 February 2007, 01:38 PM
Could it be that you "transferred" Reunion (OS9 version) to your MacBook instead of installing the OSX version?

Delete the entire app & reinstall from your CD; THEN copy over your Family files only.

marnen
15 February 2007, 02:15 PM
SGilbert, that has nothing to do with it -- after all, the application is fine. The files have simply lost their type and creator codes, a common enough occurrence, and easy to fix. A search will reveal a number of threads on the forum on this very subject.

Bob Goode
15 February 2007, 03:36 PM
Here is the link to the LeisterPro site to help you solve this problem

http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/version8/questions/answers/upgradeproblems.php

John Tomlinson
01 March 2007, 06:04 PM
I have just transferred my Reunion files from a Powerbook G3 under 9.2 to a new MacBook Pro. Everything works perfectly as far as I can see, including all sources and multimedia links. I have an external CD burner on the old G3 and simply copied all files to a CD, then popped the CD into the MacBook and copied everything. All seems well!