PDA

View Full Version : Add field on family card

mardicar
09 April 2005, 08:03 PM
I want to add a field on the family card. I went to "View" and created the view that I want. The problem is, that I have a field I call "Occurs." I do a lot of medieval genealogy and use this to augment the time frame which is not always defined by birth and death dates. My family card shows the field and the date when entered, but the word "Occurs" does not show. Thus I have: Birth, Bapt, (blank) Death, Burial. This is fine for me as I know what the date in the blank spot means, but others who see my database will not know. Is there any way to get the word "Occurs" to show on the family card? It shows in the Event section. Thanks. Mardi

fjvanbodegom
10 April 2005, 05:19 AM
When you want to add a field in 'View' (by using Define Views), that specific field must be a Default Person Field, otherwise it is not possible to add this to a 'View'. The field you created 'Occurs", is that an Event, Fact or Notes field. Go to Options -> Default Person Fields. Choose the right tab and click on Add (Event, Fact, Notes) and choose the correct field.
Go back to View (Define View): now you can add the field 'Occurs' to you new View.

mardicar
10 April 2005, 12:38 PM
That is the way I did it. It is under the Events tab and appears correctly there. The field does appear on my famiy card view. It just isn't labelled.

fjvanbodegom
10 April 2005, 12:57 PM
Strange and I think this is impossible, unless .... talking about different things.
The text of the label under the Events tab (in the window 'Edit Person'), but also the fieldnames on a View, is defined by Options -> Person Fields -> Events. In the list at the left side you can name and rename the labels.
Be aware that you must enter a long and a short name under Abbreviation ! (long is the fieldname in View, short in graphics etc)
But ... you stated that is it shown correct under the Event tab (I suppose of course again in the 'Edit Person' window). And of course supposing you choose the correct View.