PDA

View Full Version : Family relationship "Source"

swannyt
09 April 2005, 05:59 PM
Although my husband and I are home family of my Reunion database, my mother is listed as the "source" for determining relationships. When I look at my grandparent on my mothers side of the family, they are listed as mother and father. When I look at my grandparents on my fathers side of the family, no relationship is shown. How can I transfer the source of the relationships to me?

Thanks,
Nancy

Dennis J. Cunniff
09 April 2005, 06:59 PM
Although my husband and I are home family of my Reunion database, my mother is listed as the "source" for determining relationships. ... How can I transfer the source of the relationships to me?
Go to your card.
Select from the menus: "Find" -> "Relatives...". A window, "Relatives" will open.
Select the radio button by your name
Click the "Identify" button.
Let Reunion think a bit.
Close the Window.

Now you're the new source person, and will stay that way till you change it.

swannyt
10 April 2005, 04:06 PM
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I found that same answer in the manual and there is no field of "relatives" listed in the find file. I decided to mess with it some more and what I did was double click on my mothers source connection as the source, I cleared her connection. I then put myself in as the source and this worked.

Nancy

Bob White
12 April 2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks for your suggestion, but I found that same answer in the manual and there is no field of "relatives" listed in the find file......It's the fourth item from the top in the Find menu -- not in Find File.