PDA

View Full Version : Italics

Michael Talibard
27 January 2007, 05:25 AM
In the absence of Using ReunionTalk, I don't really know where to post this, but I opted for here.

I have been trying, in another thread, to get my offering to include a word in italics. If I do what one does in Pages or TextEdit (Apple+i), then, amazingly, it launches Mail - what was the person thinking that set up that? No other combination of keys seems to work. If I write the italicised phrase in Pages or TextEdit and drop it in, ReunionTalk removes the italics. Are we not allowed to use them?

Frank
27 January 2007, 09:17 AM
This is all explained in the ReunionTalk Help link, near the top of each ReunionTalk page.

theKiwi
27 January 2007, 09:19 AM
I have been trying, in another thread, to get my offering to include a word in italics....You can do it by putting at the start of what you want italicised and at the end of what you want italicised.

OK Wise guy you say....

To start italics put

leftSquareBracket i rightSquareBracket like this but with only 1 i

to stop italics

leftSquareBracket forwardslash i rightSquareBracket like this but with only 1 i

This page

http://www.reuniontalk.com/doc/RThelp.html

which is under the ReunionTalk Help link at the top of this page offers other formatting suggestions too.

Cheers

Roger

Michael Talibard
27 January 2007, 11:14 AM
Right - thanks! Really straightforward then!

Tom Robinson
29 January 2007, 09:09 PM
It's not the fault of this forum. Web pages don't get to define their own shortcut keys*, so every page uses Safari's set. In this case command-I is set to Mail Contents of This Page (File menu).

But I do see your point...

*Well, not the command-x variety.

marnen
30 January 2007, 01:02 AM
Common practice for Web forums, especially forums run on vBulletin (as this one is). It's sort of a cut-down version of HTML (which would do italics <i>this way</i>.)