PDA

View Full Version : sex change

martha
27 January 2007, 03:04 AM
Someone with whom I shared my database just wrote about a sex change. She has legally and physically become he. How do I indicate this in Reunion, aside from a note about a change in name and sex? What sex should the card be? This comes sort of out of left field and I had never considered such a thing before. I am completely befuddled as to how to handle this in the database.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Martha

llama59
27 January 2007, 05:47 PM
Ask the "someone" what he would prefer.

Tom Robinson
29 January 2007, 09:21 PM
Someone with whom I shared my database just wrote about a sex change. She has legally and physically become he. How do I indicate this in Reunion, aside from a note about a change in name and sex? What sex should the card be?
In terms of the card personally I'd stick to the convention of a woman's last name--the cards in my file always show the birth name, so I would do the same for sex; then put a note or event for the change (as you would for a name change).

marnen
30 January 2007, 01:05 AM
I think I would agree with Tom. If he got married after the change, then you should know that Reunion will allow someone in a spouse slot who is of the "wrong" gender.

martha
31 January 2007, 04:22 AM
Thanks to the three of you for your input!

Martha