PDA

View Full Version : Can I run Reunion from a firewire drive?

lgvelez
22 January 2007, 11:09 AM
I have the original MacMini, 1.25ghz, 40gig hard drive. I have 2 160gig firewire drives, and run most of my software from one of these drives.

I am asking this before I do this and then shoot myself in the foot ...
Reunion installed itself (no choices) on my MM internal hard drive ... will it work as well if I drag it all over to my fw drive where I have installed most of my software? There are certain pieces of Mac software that are adamant that they live on the internal Mac hard drive, but most are much faster on my external hard drive.

Laura

joeswann
22 January 2007, 11:28 AM
Reunion 8 ran fine for me from a USB flash drive so I would assume it will do just as well from a FireWire drive.

Al Poulin
22 January 2007, 10:14 PM
I have the original MacMini, 1.25ghz, 40gig hard drive. I have 2 160gig firewire drives, and run most of my software from one of these drives.

I am asking this before I do this and then shoot myself in the foot ...
Reunion installed itself (no choices) on my MM internal hard drive ... will it work as well if I drag it all over to my fw drive where I have installed most of my software? There are certain pieces of Mac software that are adamant that they live on the internal Mac hard drive, but most are much faster on my external hard drive.

Laura

There was a long thread on this subject starting 23 September 2006. Look at:
http://www.reuniontalk.com/showthread.php?t=1406&page=1&pp=10&highlight=external+drives

If the URL breaks, search on "external drives" and find the title:
Using Reunion 8 off of external hard drive

Pay particular attention to the item at the top of the third page by Gregg Witmer, a Technical Support guy at Leister Productions. But depending on what folks want to do with removable drives and with moving stuff around and between computers, the other member contributions are very interesting too.

marnen
23 January 2007, 02:24 PM
The application should run just fine from an external drive.