PDA

View Full Version : Speed names

SGilbert
01 April 2005, 08:53 PM
Need help. Been using Reunion for many years, currently v 8.0.5 (OS9). Recently, while adding many new people, I have lost the ability of Reunion to recognize old speed names.

Yes, they are still there; and speed names works flawlessly on newer names; just not on older names (and places).

How do I get Reunion to use all the names listed in speed names?

PS: If it means anything, I installed the OSX version (I have a dual-boot TiBook), but found out that Reunion will NOT work on both at the same time, so I deleted the OSX version

SGilbert
01 April 2005, 09:31 PM
OOPS---finally read the manual only to find out that there is a limit of 500 names. Now, I have to go over them all and eliminate some. I need them all though! :-(

AE Palmer
04 April 2005, 07:37 PM
OOPS---finally read the manual only to find out that there is a limit of 500 names. Now, I have to go over them all and eliminate some. I need them all though! :-(Unless you are an extremely good speller and typist, there will be a number of near duplicate names you can eliminate.

Steve W. Jackson
04 April 2005, 08:00 PM
< snip >
PS: If it means anything, I installed the OSX version (I have a dual-boot TiBook), but found out that Reunion will NOT work on both at the same time, so I deleted the OSX versionI'm not quite sure what this last means. Are you trying to use both the OS X version of Reunion and the OS 9 version (via Classic) on the same family file at the same time? If so, I wouldn't expect it to work. If you're saying that the two are not able to handle the same family file, then there's something wrong. They most definitely are supposed to be able to handle the file. If this is your problem, you should perhaps register a report with Leister on this issue. And you would be better off switching to the OS X version anyway and making a total switch as soon as you can comfortably do so.

= Steve =