PDA

View Full Version : Burning CD/DVD's???

Vernette Godfrey
27 March 2005, 02:10 AM
I seem to have problems burning CD's on my new iMac G5 so that people with PC's - whatever system they are running - can open them and read them. I have saving them in RTF format, as advised by a Leister tech. I have been searching and typing for over six years - and can't share it all!! HELP!!

apskehan
27 March 2005, 08:05 AM
I presume that you are talking about Text documents only. Have you tried making them into PDF files?

Susan Assmus
27 March 2005, 09:59 AM
Is the problem with the file or the cd? If they are unable to read the cd then you need to change your preferences to burn a multiformat cd.

Vernette Godfrey
27 March 2005, 11:11 PM
I presume that you are talking about Text documents only. Have you tried making them into PDF files?

No I haven't. They can be opened and read (been trying on different PC's) but none of the pictures come through. Not only that, when the CD's are opened the format is not the same as when I copied them. I noticed today, that I can save them in something other than RTF - some Word programs - maybe that would be better. I want to send out about 100 CD's and I am sure they all have different types of PC's. I love help...

Vernette Godfrey
27 March 2005, 11:19 PM
Is the problem with the file or the cd? If they are unable to read the cd then you need to change your preferences to burn a multiformat cd.

Thanks. The CD will open and the text is readable. Tried one my my son's new Gateway today - it opened but none of the pictures came through. I burned them in Finder as suggested. I am very new to this, tho I have been typing and adding info thru Reunion 6, 7 with my old G3 Blueberry iMac in OS 9x and now 8 with new iMac G5. Never burned a CD before - that is confusing enough!!

Bill McQuary
28 March 2005, 06:47 PM
the CD opened but none of the pictures came through.

Susan,

Make sure your image files have the correct extension (.gif, .jpg, etc.) after their names. Windoze PCs are so dumb they can't figure out how to open a file unless the file extension is included with the file name.

Regards,
Bill