PDA

View Full Version : iWeb

Stephen Hill
19 November 2006, 05:06 PM
I am trying to find a way to put web cards into an iWeb site I am trying to build. I can get movies, tunes, and photos into it but cannot find a way to get my webcards into it.

Help

steve

Henry Oddie
20 February 2007, 05:53 AM
I am trying to find a way to put web cards into an iWeb site I am trying to build. I can get movies, tunes, and photos into it but cannot find a way to get my webcards into it.I have just been looking at the postings about using iWeb with Reunion and I saw your posting. Just on the off chance that you missed them, there were two very good postings on the subject, 29 Oct 2006 from Rob in Boston which is entitled <Loading Web Card Files to iWeb>. I found them very helpful. I also found some notes in Reunion Help <Web folders created by Reunion 8>;
I found the bit about editing & updating a Web Folder also useful.

I have successfully linked my iWeb site to a Reunion Web folder on my iDisk.
My main problem how I can easily return visitors from that folder to my iWeb site! I think I need to make a seperate posting on that.

Cheers

Henry in Horsham UK

dseifert
20 February 2007, 06:16 PM
I am trying to find a way to put web cards into an iWeb site I am trying to build. I can get movies, tunes, and photos into it but cannot find a way to get my webcards into it.

Help

steve

It might be easier to create a link on your Iweb site to your reunion web card site. I inclosed my web card site in a frame page but that was using Rapid weaver.

Henry Oddie
21 February 2007, 02:27 PM
It might be easier to create a link on your Iweb site to your reunion web card site. I inclosed my web card site in a frame page but that was using Rapid weaver.

Thanks for that and the other posting Don in the <Return Ticket> thread.

I think we have a solution!

Henry in Horsham UK.

Tony Voss
06 March 2007, 08:46 AM
I am trying to find a way to put web cards into an iWeb site I am trying to build.
steve

I have found a good way, I think. Have a look at my site genealogy.antipole.co.uk and select the database button to go to that section. Then view the Reunion index of surnames or persons (use the public version as the full version is password protected), and, hey presto, the Reunion data appears in the iWeb page. Importantly, not only does it look integrated, but the iWeb navigational buttons remain available so you can return to my web pages at will. There are family, person and multimedia pages all in place.

And how was this done? The trick has been to insert an iFrame in the hosting iWeb page and load the Renion pages into that iFrame. To insert the iFrame I use iWeb Enhancer <http://web.mac.com/cbrantly/iWeb/Software/iWeb%20Enhancer.html> to insert just 3 lines of HTML - you can see what by viewing the source of one of my pages - the inserted section is near the end and clearly marked. Actually there are four such iWeb pages on my site, one for each of my destinations in the Renion databases.

These were done in Reunion 8. It still works in Reunion 9 using a simple web page style. It works with Reunion 9 CSS too, but that seems unnecessary and it would need work on the CSS to make it fit in as well.
I wish I could eliminate the links on each card to the contents page, but have found no way of doing that. I have fixed the Contact link on the Reunion web contents page to load into the parent frame so that following it takes me back to the parent iWeb page rather than loading the iWeb page within the iWeb page. Any advice on how to change the blue colour used for unfollowed links? It doesn't fit my iWeb style.

OK?