PDA

View Full Version : Color coding "Add existing child"

mimirole
26 March 2005, 04:42 AM
I am presently using Reunion 8. In the previous version, whatever number, when a child from a previous marriage was added to the current marriage via "Add existing child", in the current marriage that child was distinguished visually by a colored border. This is not happening with Version 8. Am I not doing something, or is this feature not available in Version 8?

I've answers to previous questions to be enlightening. Now it's my turn to seek advice. Thanks for the exceptional public service.

fjvanbodegom
26 March 2005, 06:11 AM
The color code (small colored line round the child button) had to be set manual. When you change the parents, then the childbutton looses this special color code (also with the old version of Reunion), it does not matter how you change the parents, by using the clipboard or by the button 'Add existing child'. The main difference with 'Status child' in Reunion 8 is the ability to add more 'statusmodes' to a child button.
You can add this color code: a. Control and click a child button and choose; b. Edit Family -> Children and choose from popup menu.
Changing of the color code (in the old versions of Reunion, but also in R8) can only done by hand.

mimirole
26 March 2005, 12:37 PM
The color code (small colored line round the child button) had to be set manual. When you change the parents, then the childbutton looses this special color code (also with the old version of Reunion), it does not matter how you change the parents, by using the clipboard or by the button 'Add existing child'. The main difference with 'Status child' in Reunion 8 is the ability to add more 'statusmodes' to a child button.
You can add this color code: a. Control and click a child button and choose; b. Edit Family -> Children and choose from popup menu.
Changing of the color code (in the old versions of Reunion, but also in R8) can only done by hand.FRANS,

It works. Thanks so much. It is amazing how much is forgotten if you have not used a software program, or its features, for some time. Again, my deepest appreciation.