PDA

View Full Version : Changins # source into Reunion sources

metfordplatt
23 March 2005, 02:15 PM
I have a particular problem. To make a long story short, a gedcom was shared around by several people and when it got back to me (with 15,000 people in it), someone's genealogy software changed the Reunion coding for sources into Ref# and #. Now I want to reexport the file into a gedcom, open it up and find and replace with the proper coding so I can have all the sources linked. R doesn't work, either does

Michael
25 March 2005, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=metfordplatt]To make a long story short, a gedcom was shared around by several people and when it got back to me (with 15,000 people in it), someone's genealogy software changed the Reunion coding for sources into Ref# and #. Now I want to reexport the file into a gedcom, open it up and find and replace with the proper coding so I can have all the sources linked. R doesn't work, either does

metfordplatt
01 April 2005, 08:39 AM
I don't quite understand what you're seeing. Would you be able to provide more specific details?Sorry about the delay, in the gedcom file, the sources are listed as #21 or #108 as it is not very gedcom friendly (someone messed up the formerly linked sources). I'd like to so a find and replace to put the right format back in. Any ideas?

Michael
01 April 2005, 02:27 PM
Sorry about the delay, in the gedcom file, the sources are listed as #21 or #108 as it is not very gedcom friendly (someone messed up the formerly linked sources). I'd like to so a find and replace to put the right format back in. Any ideas?Please send me a copy of your Gedcom file. I may be able to offer some suggestions if I had a closer look at your file. You can send your file to help@leisterpro.com. Be sure to point out a few examples of the problem in your message. :)