PDA

View Full Version : Reunion v4 - New to Mac

ernb
22 March 2005, 05:11 PM
I have a new Mac iBook and I recently loaded Reunion v4.

At first my only problem was launching the program. It had to be 'kick-started' by clicking the family file in some folder found with the search feature.

I got used to this and I created a very large file of almost 500 names.

The file is still there, although it appears to be smaller. However, when I click on it now, I get either a <This is not a family folder> message or the sample Kennedy tree.

Can anyone help.

TIA

Ernie Bull
Bristol

Deb
25 March 2005, 06:05 PM

At first my only problem was launching the program. It had to be 'kick-started' by clicking the family file in some folder found with the search feature.

The file is still there, although it appears to be smaller. However, when I click on it now, I get either a <This is not a family folder> message or the sample Kennedy tree.

Can anyone help.

TIA

Ernie Bull
BristolErnie,

Your Reunion 4 family file is actually a folder consisting of 5 or 6 files, ending in ".pdb," ".fdb," ".ndb," ".ndx," ".pdx," and ".rcx." All the files inside the family file folder must have the same root name as the folder. For example, my family file folder would be called "Stuller" and the files inside my folder would be named "Stuller.pdb," "Stuller.fdb," "Stuller.ndb," etc.

Since there is a problem in opening your Reunion 4 family file, please verify that the root names of the files that make up your family file agree with the name on the Reunion 4 family file folder.

Also, a possible cause for receiving the message "This is not a family file folder..." could be that a necessary file is missing.

And, it sounds as if there may be a couple Kennedy files in with your family file. If so, please remove them. It is best to have only the files that make up your family file inside your family file folder.

I hope this helps you to get up and running again:-)

Eirik StrÝm
26 March 2005, 09:09 AM
In additions to the reply from Deb Stuller one probably should remember:

Reunion 4 had a strange habit of storing new family file folders within other family folders (within the

kneipflich
03 April 2005, 03:41 PM

Can anyone help.

TIA

Ernie Bull
Bristol

If I get your posting well, your new iBook is loaded with with OSX.

Does Reunion v4 (which I also have with an oooooold Mac) can work on a new Mac? That would be great as I intend to move on but have been hesitating because I have much stuff on v 4!

D.Hayem
Geneva

fjvanbodegom
04 April 2005, 05:17 AM
Reunion 4 works on OS X without problems, but off course in the Classic Mode.
But why hesitating ?. All the information of Reunion 4 family file(folder) is perfectly converted to a new Reunion 8 family file.
No loose of information.