PDA

View Full Version : Source Images

Sarah Etherton
20 March 2005, 04:30 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a way in which I can link an image to a source rather than to the person?

I've scanned in certificates I've collated to date, and have images of census returns downloaded too. However, the only way I can see to link them, is to attach to each individual specified in the document through their multimedia window.

I'd really find this useful - especially with the census returns, as I'd only need to add it the once, rather than linking to several people.

Thanks

Sarah

Michael
21 March 2005, 01:50 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a way in which I can link an image to a source rather than to the person?Currently, multimedia items can only be attached to an individual or a family.

btownshend
27 June 2005, 07:40 AM
Can anyone tell me if there is a way in which I can link an image to a source rather than to the person?

I've scanned in certificates I've collated to date, and have images of census returns downloaded too. However, the only way I can see to link them, is to attach to each individual specified in the document through their multimedia window.

I'd really find this useful - especially with the census returns, as I'd only need to add it the once, rather than linking to several people.I agree. Having image links to sources is a very important missing feature. These days, with so much information available electronically, sources invariably have a scanned counterpart which really should be linked to the actual source record rather than a person.

Brent