PDA

View Full Version : Need Picture File Suggestions

Troy
09 September 2006, 02:52 PM
I am using a separate file folder for my genealogy picture files under Reunion (am not using iPhoto).

As research continues, I am consistently adding files to the folder.

I prefer to use the list view (showing the file name).

I am at the point where there are too many files to remember the contents of each file by its file name only and would like some way to use the "list" view (showing the file name) and have a small thumbnail of the file beside the file name.

I prefer not to use the columns view as it requires generation of the picture as each file is selected.

Can anyone suggest some software that may do what I have described?

Am using an iMac using OS 10.4.4.

Thanks.

Troy---

marnen
10 September 2006, 10:51 PM
I believe GraphicConverter (http://www.lemkesoft.com/en/graphcon.htm) will create custom thumbnail icons such as you're asking for.

BTW, if you don't have GraphicConverter already, you should really get it. It's an essential utility for doing just about anything with graphics. (Apple has lately been bundling it with some Macs.)

Troy
11 September 2006, 04:52 PM
Marnen---

Thanks for the suggestion.

It looks like the solution I need.

Thanks for your help.

Troy---

marnen
12 September 2006, 01:15 AM
Yeah, GraphicConverter is great. I seem to use it almost every time I'm processing image files.

Tom Robinson
13 September 2006, 04:59 AM
I am at the point where there are too many files to remember the contents of each file by its file name only and would like some way to use the "list" view (showing the file name) and have a small thumbnail of the file beside the file name.
You can also have a medium-sized thumbnail next to each item in list view: Check out View -> Show View Options in the Finder.

Cheers

Troy
13 September 2006, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Tom.

Troy---