PDA

View Full Version : Program Slowdown

Lucy Cronin
19 March 2005, 05:06 PM
At one spot in my Reunion Family Tree, the system slows down when I want it to change from one generation to the next. It takes several minutes to change the generation. It happens in one spot only. Does anyone else have this problem

Lucy Cronin

gencea
19 March 2005, 05:24 PM
It does that to me when I have a picture assigned to one of the generations but have moved or renamed that assigned picture. Check your multimedia for that person and then either find the picture or delete the link.

ender2k
19 March 2005, 07:16 PM
I get the same thing on one generation where the picture is very large--9 megs.

Gregg
20 March 2005, 05:20 PM
...the system slows down when I want it to change from one generation to the next..As Charlie and Rob indicated, this is most likely due to a very large picture or a picture that can no longer be found.

Try turning off the display of preferred pictures on the family card to see if things speed up for you.

metfordplatt
01 April 2005, 08:36 AM
I also get the slowdown and it is indeed due to images. But the funny thing is that when I was still using Mac OS 9.0 it didn't happen, it only started when I upgraded to 9.2. It doesn't matter (at least in my case) how large the pictures are. But one thing, I have the pictures in separate folders in the Picture folder.

Gregg
01 April 2005, 09:09 AM
...It doesn't matter (at least in my case) how large the pictures are. But one thing, I have the pictures in separate folders in the Picture folder.Sounds to me like Reunion is spending too much time searching for pictures. Open the Options -> Multimedia window and make sure there are not any redundant or unneeded multimedia folders listed in the Multimedia Folders list.

A redundant folder would be a subfolder of a folder that is already listed. An unneeded folder would be a folder that does not contain any multimedia items.

Another thing to try... after the family card finally displays with the pictures, choose each picture from the Multimedia popup menu to open the picture in a window, and then close the window. Opening and closing a picture will update the saved folder location so the searching should not occur again.

Nancy K
02 April 2005, 09:41 AM
I too am having problems with my program slowing down when I click on a certain person. This person does not have a picture attached to it. I tried repair. It said some problems were found---see the log. I went to logs but found nothing that said anything about problems. Is there a different log? Problem still exists with program slow-down.