PDA

View Full Version : Need FTW file converted to gedcom or Reunion file please

Steven
05 September 2006, 01:14 AM
Hi all

Someone who tells me she uses genealogy application 'The Master Genealogist' emailed me a gedcom file. Unfortunately the gedcom doesn't seem to import into Reunion properly at all, with one problem among many being none of the people within the file are linked.

I'm guessing that the problem could lie within something not being done quite right during the gedcom creation process. For instance, I received the gedcom embedded within the email, as opposed to an attachment.

So, I asked if she could email me through a native Master Genealogist file, so that I could in turn see if I could get that converted to a gedcom by someone else.

What I've now received is an FTW file. I assume that The Master Genealogist program must have a Family Tree Maker option when exporting data.

Anyway, would anyone out there with ready access to Family Tree Maker be so kind as to help me out by converting the FTW file that I have into either a gedcom file or a Reunion file? If so, please shoot me an email and I'll email through the FTW file for conversion. (It's a 6Mb file, but if I compress it reduces to about 600Kb).

Unless of course someone tells me that there is a Mac based utility or some other method of converting?

Many thanks, Steven

theKiwi
05 September 2006, 07:04 AM
eMail me the file to rogerkiwi@aol.com and I'll see what I can do with it. I have the latest Family Treemaker and also have access to an earlier version of TMG.

Roger